Posts: 137 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Drama, Greece
Sorry i cant help you with that maybe someone else could

The Following User Says Thank You to andreas.k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Anyway thanks for the answers

if somebody have the "answer " please share

The Following User Says Thank You to cvetkov.i For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Drama, Greece
The most simple thing tha just came up to my mind. Plug the same cable on the red and green audio connector and if it work make a skype call from your pc to n900 then enable transmiter. Lol i wonder if this whould work

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by cvetkov.i View Post
I have a long jack but i think that n900 can do that somehow ?
Using linux you can "send" the audio between computers via pulseaudio, don't know how to do this in win.

I can for example send my audio via network from my labtop to my main computer that's hocked up to my home-made amp & speakers, this sounds a million times better then the laptop's speakers.

Other way is to use bluetooth, i use this to play audio from my N900 or laptop or whatever has A2DP playback

-------------------------------------------------------

Here is a Picture of one of my creations with the bluetooth from DX, this is not my main amp speaker system, but it is very good, but with 10+ years of making speakers & amps i do know what im doing
Attached Images

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-06-05 at 18:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
I use Airfoil for streaming all audio to speaker. From my MacBook to Home PC(WinXP), but no maemo version available. I searched a lot about this topic before, but didn't find any solution

Last edited by 222; 2011-06-05 at 21:19.

Let me get this straight: you have media on your pc and other devices that you would like to play back on your N900.
What is not clear is whether you want to be able to control the playback on your N900.

There are two options I see available:
1. Lower-tech:
Treat yourself to a short-range fmtx (do a web search for one, they're cheap), which you can plug into your computer or hi-fi. Then, pick up this signal on your N900 with one of the radio applications.
*The drawbacks:
- The radio rx on the N900 requires the headphones to be plugged in. because they are the ariel. Therefore, I suspect you will need to do something software-wise if you wish to output audio to the speakers.
- It won't be possible to control the media.
- Don't know what range of tx you will need to suit your requirements.
*Advantages
- if it''s ok to listen using headphones, it's very easy.
- media will run and you can tune in/out as you wish.
- if you require speakers as well, and sending sound to headphones AND speakers is allowed by N900's subsystem, then doing so should be quite easy by the quick alteration of a conf file (I have no idea which though).

2. Higher-tech
Using a server-client setup, stream media from your pc to your N900 via your wireless network. The stream can either be continuous or controlable - think of an on-demand radio service (e.g. BBC iPlayer radio), where programmes can either be listened to live or as the user desires. I am not a good enough programmer with php/similar but I'm sure something is possible - it may exist already? What is Knots, can it work in reverse?
* Downsides
- It'll take a while to sort out the software, even if it exists because normally one plays the media on the larger device.
- If nothing suitable exists both software and an interface will need to be developed.

* Upsides
- You will be able to play music (and video I suppose) throughout your network.
- Quality of output will be better than fm because a lot less interference.
- Depending on seup and interface, you may be able to control media as well as play a live stream.

Which of these best fits your needs - the fm or stream solution, or neither because I misunderstood the question?

Last edited by demolition; 2011-06-05 at 22:57.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
I guess you could route audio using Pulse from the PC, over the network, and on the N900, then the N900 over the air.

Cvetkov.i, do you have bluetooth available on the PC and is the bluetooth range (max 10 m, I guess) enough for you?

The Following User Says Thank You to mikaelh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by mikaelh View Post
Cvetkov.i, do you have bluetooth available on the PC and is the bluetooth range (max 10 m, I guess) enough for you?
yes i use laptop

theres an java (and) android app for it: http://code.google.com/p/speakershare/