Active Topics

Notices

Have used few weeks and mainly happy.

Do you know reason, why 300kB mp4s as mono (iritates when using headphones, picture would be OK in N900), even if coding (as per media player) is Stereo? Downloading of 1.7GB 2M.MP4 movies (better quality) takes too much time even if then exelent to look. (then I pref. to use Media-pc and only rsync to N900 before travel)

I will send a quesiton to TVKaista and post answer to here...

No, I do not know any details behind the mono audio, except that it could be a misguided attempt to make the file as small as possible.

Personally, I have no problem downloading the quality versions, after I got into the habit of leaving them loading while doing something else.

No answer yet from TVKaista on mono-issue...

I am sure you internet connection is better than mine.....

I downloaded 2 movies (2M) already as test (in India), but quality of interner-line is not so great here (even best ones) and in case of break re-start does not happen automatically (what I love in Miro). As N900 memory is limited to 32+16GB, 300k version would fit better also to that.

Anyhow I look forward to get answer from TVKaista - earlier they have responded well....

Hmm, automatic restart...

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
I started using tvkaistan noutaja again. Is direct play back still supported? does not work for me?

Something has changed at TVKaista or in some N900 library. I am no longer using the N900, and thus not going to debug this, but if someone wants to look under the hood, I am happy to help you get started and explain why things are the way they are.