Active Topics

If someone want to buy mugen cover, I can provide mockups of destroyed cover

// Edit

Another update of camera lens cover mod - little clarification of steps based on PM questions, + fixed donation link - it wasn't working

Last edited by Estel; 2011-06-29 at 20:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
If someone want to buy mugen cover, I can provide mockups of destroyed cover

// Edit

Another update of camera lens cover mod - little clarification of steps based on PM questions, + fixed donation link - it wasn't working
why don't you make your donate link like this (DONATE)
INFO: Using the donate "bottom" above goes to 'Estel' donate page not mine

The CODE:
Code:
BOLD (DONATE) and use link for the donate text "https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=HH_VmohpKd2Pus4AFWZcafDKmNUtljOcjFIPpgtwdNbCOf0tVkXb7wSi54K&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8deaa77efc63a6eb429928d42bdf5d9d2c"

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Thanks, but I tried exact same method, and it doesn't work check Yourself by clicking on link You created.

In fact it work for about 30 minutes after someone use link on middle-page i provided. Some spcial hash or whatever is generated. After that, we only get "sorry, your last action could not be completed". That's why I also thought "it work", and noticed after few days that it doesn't.

Ho ever, link in Your 1st post (and Your signature) of this thread work fine - still I can't reverse-engineer it for my purposes.

//Edit

It's even more funny - for 30 minutes after I use Your donate link, the one You created for me return "fatal error" instead of "sorry blabla". So it seems that this is related also to browser cookies or "whatnot".

Last edited by Estel; 2011-06-30 at 07:10.

hmm thats weird, yes clicking on the donate i made from your link gives me a "Fatal Error", but i can use my link...

So yes it must be cookies related

Still, Your link is correctly syntaxed, cause Your link work for everyone. I don't want to off-top this wonderful thread, so if You (or someone else) have idea how it should be done, please let me know via PM. I will announce here working solution - but don't want to "spam" here with discussion about possible ideas Until that, middle-page solution work quite well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
[off topic]

Is it safe to charge my N900 with nook color's charger? Its output is the same like nokia stock wall charger, 5v, but it's giving 1,9A. I think that it is safe enough to use (same voltage) but I d like to hear a confirmation from somebody who really knows.

The Following User Says Thank You to anapospastos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
[off topic]

Is it safe to charge my N900 with nook color's charger? Its output is the same like nokia stock wall charger, 5v, but it's giving 1,9A. I think that it is safe enough to use (same voltage) but I d like to hear a confirmation from somebody who really knows.
Yes, the n900 auto limits input current.

the times i have measured the current on USB supply's i have not seen much more then 600mA even tho there where 2+A from supply

To clarify i measure the current from the USB supply to the N900

NOTE: measured with amp meter

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-07-01 at 18:39.

AFAIK amp meter can't properly measure protected power supplies based on AC/DC transformation, cause it tries to pull as much current as it can = trigger power supply protection mechanism. On "smart" fuses it will only limit current from power supply or at worst shut power supply down for few seconds/minutes/until re-plugged to wall socket. Dumb fuses will just burn out, replacement needed. Unfused units will just start to fry. So, unless dr_frost_dk implemented some unusual measurement method, I don't recommend trying this, nor it can show real current.

Nevertheless, it's true that N900 limit current (and almost every electronic device do) so it's even better if You have more powerful power supply. Thanks to that, N900 can pull as much as he/she ( ) want, and power supply isn't stressed.

There's no problem in measuring current. What you describe is short circuiting the powersupply to measure how many amps it will provide, which is a different topic.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
AFAIK amp meter can't properly measure protected power supplies based on AC/DC transformation, cause it tries to pull as much current as it can = trigger power supply protection mechanism. On "smart" fuses it will only limit current from power supply or at worst shut power supply down for few seconds/minutes/until re-plugged to wall socket. Dumb fuses will just burn out, replacement needed. Unfused units will just start to fry. So, unless dr_frost_dk implemented some unusual measurement method, I don't recommend trying this, nor it can show real current.

Nevertheless, it's true that N900 limit current (and almost every electronic device do) so it's even better if You have more powerful power supply. Thanks to that, N900 can pull as much as he/she ( ) want, and power supply isn't stressed.
It can pull as much as the Data lines allow (resistor/short data lines), but with the various 220V to USB i have i have yet to see more then 600mA going through any Ampere Meter i tried with, and of course the N900 is top limited to under 2A (Fuse), which i blew some time back, but that was from reverse +/- not over current.
Can't remember what the max limit is tho...
My charging goes through my own plug in my mugen cover, here i charge with 2.5A

Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
There's no problem in measuring current. What you describe is short circuiting the powersupply to measure how many amps it will provide, which is a different topic.
That i have also done with my 220V to USB, but thats more for DX so users there can see the max current the small USB power supply's can supply, i do a short and a resistor load to be sure to cover all bases.

But the test with the N900 was done with a battery circuit (plastic top, connected to a battery (5000mAh+) and an Ampere meter between.
Sorry if i gave another impression.

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-07-01 at 18:37.

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc