Notices

I have a quick question: Is it possible to advance and rewind the audio and video that's being used on UPNP? When I move the scroller on the bottom, it does not change anything.

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
I don't think it's possible with the current implementation of Canola's UPNP player. IIRC the canola team left off implementing control-upnp and only implemented the player in the current release. I could be wrong however, you'd have to ask handful.

If you need it now, I'd suggest mediastreamer, or if you can stand to wait, the next iteration of the UPNP plugin for canola will probably have controls implemented.

Again, this is just based off threads i've read around here i'm in no way associated with the canola developer's team and as such, my info may not be accurate.

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

The Following User Says Thank You to josiahg777 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
The controls (forward and Rewind) can be done, but also depends on your media. Some of your media will not support seek on streamed media, thus no software will do the miracle, but a lot of formats indeed support it and we plan to support this in future versions.

so indeed there's mediastreamer (that can be both the client and control point) but the media issue still. Canola upnp uses exactly the same UPNP lib that mediastreamer.

BR

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org