Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I guess you move from one connection to other instead of disconnecting from one network, and then connect to the new network.

Yappari isn't too smart detecting networking changes (we'll fix that eventually).

So if you want Yappari detect your 3G connection, disconnect from your current network. Wait like 1 second, and then connect to the 3G network. That will work.

Do you have CSSU installed? Since CSSU has newer versions of Qt it usually fixes a lot of bugs people are having with Yappari. I really suggest to EVERYBODY to install CSSU.
Thanks for your reply, Scorpius.

Yes sometimes I changed network directly instead of disconnected then connected to another (using ConnectNow widget).

However even if 3G connection was established first, waited for a while, then started Yappari, it always showed "waiting for connection", same for version 0.0.23 & 0.0.25.

Observing from the log, both version showed "Network connection changed: Offline" at the moment. But if I click "Sync Now" button, 0.0.23 will show the log as below:

Synchronizing contacts...
Requesting chunk of 50 contacts
Network connection changed: Online
Current active connection: VIBO行動網 (<== look weird maybe because I am in Taiwan and the name of service provider is Chinese)
Connecting to bin-short.whatsapp.net:5222 ...
Connected successfully

And Yappari itself changed the status from "waiting for connection" to connecting => connected => logged in, then I could start to chat. But for 0.0.25, log stayed in "Network connection changed: Offline" and didn't attempt to sync or connect to server.

For CSSU, yes I have CSSU installed, but it's the latest testing version instead of stable one.

Could anyone give suggestions for such symptom?
Thanks!

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
I don't have a clue why Yappari can't detect your connection... It works for everybody else. I wonder what's wrong with your phone...

Hi to everyone! Sorry for my english again. Great job @Scorpius

I'm wondering if you could add reasonably some features in ToDo list; anyway.. "yappari", it's just usability/comfort features. Just brainstorming:

1.- chat button integrated in contact profile like tlf, FB, SMS, .. or it's maemo devs work?
2.- What about contacts pics?
3.- Contact chat-message select/copy/paste?
4.- nº/name of participants in groupchats?

All works amazing, fast, no crash, but i've seen two issues,

1.- chat participants are almost allways offline, but i receive 2 "V". Whatsapp works by events too? I don't know how it works. They can receive chat messages when they are offline?
2.- a hidden menu is showed when selecting chat name in chat list for 2 seconds, ONLY for a few contacts.. (o_0)!! but it says "toolbar". Clicking on it nothing happens, but would be interesting to put there something like "erase that chat", "Erase all messages from this contact", "send something", "mute sound of that chat", "contact info", "see his/her pic" an so on.. or are you just thinking what to put there? could you replicate that?

thanks in advance

If you need some help for something.. give me a whistle! xD

Last edited by MrPiNGo; 2012-10-21 at 17:49.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ under the sky
maybe he uses a proxy to connect to the internet.

Originally Posted by TDSii View Post
maybe he uses a proxy to connect to the internet.
I'm using tor system-wide, thanks to Karim, and Yappari works perfect

hey Scorpius thanks for a great application, idk if this one has been reported or not, but its annoying when u have a long text to write on a box, because after a certain time a screen wont navigate to where the cusor is so you can see what you are typing (though you know what you type, but we are human we make mistake), incase of an error or you want to erase something, but its hard to do it because youa cant see a cusor though the text box is still accepting inputs, i would like to see this fixed, the screenshot below will tell you more of a situation i gues, thanks in advance

I'll fix it (dunno when), but what about just don't write such long lines? Nobody *has* to type a long text in one single text message. WhatsApp is not charging you by the message you know...

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Hello!

First, thank you so much for the amazing app!

Second, I'm so sorry if this was asked before! I tried searching for it though!

So my problem is that some contacts has multiple numbers with multiple Whatsapp accounts but under the same name, on Whatsapp it shows me the multiple accounts, but with Yappari I can only see one account! I don't know why, I tried synching and it didn't work!

Do I have to put the numbers under different names?!

Thanks again!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nutty For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2012 @ MALAYSIA
Hai all,, i dont know if it just me facing this problem..

I have problem in recieving image.. When someone sent me a picture, yappari will goes crazy..

It going disconnected then trying to connect again.. after logged in it say "protocol acception" then disconnect again.

For now i cant even recieve any image that my friends sent..
This happen after upgrade to v25...

Here my log..
http://uppit.com/9zg418werh2c/yappari.log

Yeah it has been reported and It has been discussed before several times.

That's something I need to fix. I wonder why somebody would have two phones registered with WhatsApp, but looks like it is the case with some of you guys' contacts. Yappari assumes people have only one phone registered in WhatsApp (because it is very dumb to have more than one), so that part has to be modified.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp