Active Topics

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
any one seen anything like this?
http://www.proporta.co.uk/F02/PPF02P...883&t_mode=des

i really like my PDA case with the Aliminium in the case. Really stops any presure on the screen when my kids climb all over me :-)

i suspect i'll hold out for this one, but any others with solid screen covers would be worth looking at

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sarpsborg, Norway
Any others out here, besides eiffel & REMFwhoopitydo, who have the Qubits Hybrid armour model?
It almost seems to good to be true for a price like that...

I was originally waiting out for the Martin Fields screen cover, but am now seriously considering the Qubits one...

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by Evert View Post
Any others out here, besides eiffel & REMFwhoopitydo, who have the Qubits Hybrid armour model?
It almost seems to good to be true for a price like that...

I was originally waiting out for the Martin Fields screen cover, but am now seriously considering the Qubits one...
Ive ordered it as my stop gap , as what do i stand to lose if i dont like it :-)

Order this leather case from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Genuine-Leat...item1c0de3c259
Fits well, the only thing i notice is there is a magnet to close it. And if my phone is locked, it gets unlocked when placed inside. So i have to place the back of the phone facing the mangnet.

Originally Posted by UCOMM View Post
you'll have to pick it via their amazon.co.uk store to get it shipped to the states
I'm not so sure about that since I just placed an order shipped to the US from protectionfilms24 & it seems to have gone through fine. I would hope their system would automatically reject orders before they're placed if they can't ship to a certain destination plus they also have USD as viewable currency. So assuming all it ok they're much less expensive then going through amazon UK which is asking $20 for 1 DQC-160 versus $13 through protectionfilms24. Difference is because of free shipping with protectionfilms24.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by Giostz View Post
Order this leather case from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Genuine-Leat...item1c0de3c259
Fits well, the only thing i notice is there is a magnet to close it. And if my phone is locked, it gets unlocked when placed inside. So i have to place the back of the phone facing the mangnet.
Got the same case. If you push the side lock before placing it in the case, it won't unlock it.

Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
I just received my sleeve w/ pocket from SF Bags as well. Does yours fit your n900 perfectly flush? Mine seems way too big, considering that they advise customers not to worry if the sleeve seems too small (as it is supposed to stretch out to fit in time).

In any case, Gary's customer service is as advertised: absolutely top-notch. He asked me to take some pictures of the n900 in the sleeve so that he can see if they can get a better fitting one for me.
The fit on mine from SF bags was good and mildly taught. I may have liked the fit to be slightly tighter, but that would make getting the device in and out more difficult. So I think they got the size just right. The support and communication from Gary was outstanding.

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
I'm liking the fit on my SF Bags case more and more. It's looser than their case for my TouchPro, but it makes getting the phone in and out easier. I applied a screen and back protector from "Clear Protector" also, and it makes it stick more in the case.

Speaking of, I really like the back protector from Clear Protector -- it gives it more of a grip and fits on great. Thinking of it, though, why would I want to protect the battery cover? Oh, well. It's shiny, too. I am divided on liking the look or not.

Both the back protector and screen protector went on great; easiest application I've ever had. I used glasses cleaner instead of soap and water, though.

The screen protector does have a texture, but it is only noticable on the parts that DON'T cover the screen or when the screen is off. It *does* change the feel and require a harder push, though. I think any screen protector would do this.

The Following User Says Thank You to ldrn For This Useful Post:
im using my old G1 slip in pouch which works perfectly.

I got the lexard screen protector from amazon. 2 in one for 15$
heres the link
http://www.amazon.com/Lexerd-TrueVue...0772642&sr=8-2

Screen protector has holes cut for all the components.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
I was a little concerned with all the comments about the Zagg Invisible Shield and a tad concerned when it turned up without the usual spray bottle. Zagg have changed to using a sponge in a plastic bath affair. I wasn't impressed at first but I must admit it makes a lot more sense and made things much easier to apply.
The spray bottle in previous versions created bubbles on the film which were hard to remove. Using a sponge means simple wiping the film over the moisten then slide into place. They even provide a microfibre cloth the give the phone a good polish first. The card provided to smooth bubbles out works fine though for the back I suggest using a finger hard over the 'Nokia' wording to get it into the letters.
As with all Zagg shileds, leave the very edges on bends to dry off for a minute before bending down and you'll find the resul better. Hold the best over piece in place for a few seconds and it will take properly then.
I cannot stress the importance of a dust-free environment when applying the shield. Any dust in the area will magically stick the piece that covers the screen then take ages to wipe off. The sponge wiped over the film helps here btw.
End result is a shint back and edges that is less likely to slip. The screen is slighty less slippy when use but fine if you use a finger and style is only marginally different. A very slight addition to the pressure is required but I was pushing hard enough without the screen so no difference to me really. Screen a tad shiny so sunshine might affect it.

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector