Poll: Poll: Would you buy a phone running WP7?
Poll Options
Poll: Would you buy a phone running WP7?

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Al Quds, Isawiya
I think that nokia is going to do one of the following steps:

1.Nokia will give up meego and use wp7 for their hig-end/expensive smartphones. Symbian will be used for the cheap smartphones.

2.Nokia will use wp7 for a while to get financial better and then use meego for their smartphones.

3.I dont understand why they didnt chose android?
its market share is much higher than windows phone 7.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Germany
I am missing the option "I'll buy one if the No-WP7-Suite runs under Linux natively".

But for now I don't think it very likely. I bought an n900 because I like the community here, the FOSS-spirit, and I wanted to benefit from my experiences with the n810. These advantages weight stronger than my disdain for Nokia's fails like Bochum, or fragging diablo and fremantle after supporting them for a year or so.

Fortunately I one of those 2year-contract guys. So I won't need to search for a replacement before Fall 2012 - unless the USB-connector fails me as well.

icke

Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
This makes it official, I will never ever buy a Nokia phone again. I am not sure where to look thou. Maybe I'll buy another N900 just to be on the safe side for the upcoming harsh years...
That was funny! How to be confused and inconsistent in one!

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Baltimore, USA
why would nokia choose WP7?! why not android?

It seems to me many more people like the idea of google instead of bing, google maps and all the other cool google features that android has to offer

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
My money will go from now on to the company who'd produce a phone with an as much as possible open OS, which does NOT spy on its user.
Preferably this phone should have a HW keyboard.

Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Is this question for real?

I know that a poll to see the opinion of the people but seriously?
I voted "not a snowball's chance in hell."

I expected to see a majority voting the same. Now that opinion is the visible result of a poll and not just a feeling most of us know we share.

i think in a site like tmo, most people would avoid such phones. we're biased. we like a device or OS that we can tinker with so we're not exactly mainstream

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I stated that if Nokia made a WP7 phone I would buy it. Didn't think it would have happened... but it did.

I like keeping my word.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
never thought it would happen. Anyway, as I have said earlier, WP7+Nokia will be some killer devices so yes, I will get the first one with qwerty kb

No, I have tried previous windows mobile version... I felt like I was in a cage, very limited, powerless, helpless

The Following User Says Thank You to rabarkar For This Useful Post: