Active Topics

Ok, I went to the Application Manager and did an update and there was an ez-chroot update available, which I downloaded and installed. When I tried to run it again, I got the following error:

EZ-CHROOT ERROR

Mount failure!

/media/mmc1/debian-final.img.ext2 failed to mount on loop 1

device-mapper.reload ioctl failed: Device or resource busy
Command failed
mount: mounting /dev/dm-1 on /debian failed

I hope this means something to you because it means nothing to me. Thanks again for your help,

Mark

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Did you do the reboot?

If you did, you've got a bad image file.

You're going to have to delete the image file that you downloaded and download it again with the installer.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
I'm downloading it again now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Mark

it's working fine now. While it's not supper fast, it's very usable when the cu is in performance mode. This is quite piece of software, you should be proud. Thanks,

Mark

If you want a faster debian, and are comfortable with making a partition, you may want to create a dedicated debian partition on your sd card.

The Following User Says Thank You to D'ohboy For This Useful Post:
While not supper fast, I find the speed perfectly useable. However, how does one create a dedicated debian partition?

Mark

Here is the basic instructions on how to set one up, although I could have sworn that there is a more updated post on how to do it.

WOW! so far so good...listed the sd cards with space left - so very easy....also showing how long to complete is so very cool....!

Suggest adding the words that the installer is in the extras folder in this post...

Originally Posted by D'ohboy View Post
Here is the basic instructions on how to set one up, although I could have sworn that there is a more updated post on how to do it.

YEP!

02-25-2009, 11:31 PM - post #4 below........

Heh, I mean how to copy it from the image file to the partition. I'm actually fairly sure that I wrote an even newer version of the howto based on something Qole or changed. Nevermind the only difference is that Qole wrote
Use gtar instead of /home/user/img-install/tar

Last edited by D'ohboy; 2009-02-27 at 21:54. Reason: Found the thread with the answer