Notices

I just optified and rebuilt the old lcars-sounds package to complement the Okuda theme.

Since Maemo doesn't support sound themeing the package renames the default sounds with dpkg-divert, and the custom sounds remain in use regardless of which theme is selected. To restore the default sounds, just uninstall the package and reboot.

The replacement sounds package is available in the Extras repository (look for 'Okuda/LCARS sounds' in the App Manager), or you can click the install link below if you're reading this on your N900.

I don't have a video of this running on the N900, but here's a 770 running an older version of the package (with all the same sounds).

I suspect many people will probably want to turn off the touchscreen sounds (in Settings > Profiles) once the novelty wears off.

Last edited by ian_ryge; 2010-08-15 at 00:54.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ian_ryge For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Very nice, thanks.

Does this effect the haptic feedback in any way, because after installing it the vibration from touching the screen seems to have dimished to almost nothing?

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
Really dig it, but would like to make a suggestion:

The battery warning was not obvious to me when I was half asleep last night, leaving me with a dead phone in the morning. In retrospect, I'm pretty sure I know which sound the warning was though.

Might a low/critical battery situation call for a red alert, warp core breach, or self destruct sequence?

Originally Posted by Taomyn View Post
Very nice, thanks.

Does this effect the haptic feedback in any way, because after installing it the vibration from touching the screen seems to have dimished to almost nothing?
This package just renames the default sounds in /usr/share/sounds and makes links to the new ones in /opt/maemo/usr/share/sounds, so it shouldn't affect the touch screen vibration at all... I generally leave haptic feedback off, but I just tried turning it back on with the sounds package installed, and it feels the same as ever.

Originally Posted by go1dfish View Post
The battery warning was not obvious to me when I was half asleep last night, leaving me with a dead phone in the morning. In retrospect, I'm pretty sure I know which sound the warning was though.

Might a low/critical battery situation call for a red alert, warp core breach, or self destruct sequence?
Sorry, I don't have time to change it right now, and tbh I rather like the current low battery sounds anyway. It'd be easy enough to change on your own device though, and if you come up with something you think is better, send it to me and maybe I'll use it in a later version.

The Following User Says Thank You to ian_ryge For This Useful Post:
maybe you could update it with a tone for battery full as well =)

thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to di1in For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ian_ryge View Post
Sorry, I don't have time to change it right now, and tbh I rather like the current low battery sounds anyway. It'd be easy enough to change on your own device though, and if you come up with something you think is better, send it to me and maybe I'll use it in a later version.
I don't mind the tone myself, but on my N900 it is far too loud, maybe at least twice as loud as the other tones when I set the phone to my normal level.

Is there an Okuda/LCARS ringtone somewhere?

The Following User Says Thank You to vonbraun66 For This Useful Post:
Awesome job. The sounds really makes the OKUDA theme stand out from the rest of the crowd.

Is there a way to add keyboard open/close sounds? I remember daemonlock added sounds for this, it would be cool in this theme too!

The Following User Says Thank You to whaleyboy For This Useful Post:
Sorry guys, but I don't have time to add to the sounds package right away. It certainly would be nice to add ringtones, battery full, keyboard open/close sounds, etc., but I'm just too busy atm. Maybe eventually... In any case, thanks for the suggestions!

Edit: Btw, the package is open source, so if anyone else wants to pick up where I left off, go for it!

Okuda theme (N900/Maemo 5) | Maemo 4 themes (N8x0)
If you like my work and want to support me, you can donate via Flattr or Paypal.

Last edited by ian_ryge; 2010-08-11 at 23:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to ian_ryge For This Useful Post: