sure, but where will i paste that file, i mean which folder :S

Posts: 494 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by aminulahsan View Post
sure, but where will i paste that file, i mean which folder :S
C:/programfiles/nokia/flasher

Hey, I am experiencing the same problems concerning startup, as I didn't have time to reflash and didn't really want to I found two ways to start the N9 without reflashing!

1. When connected to my USB port the N9 starts up as if there is no problem.

2. I was pressing the Volume +/- buttons while booting, seems to work too.

Beware that this doesn't fix the problem for the next boot, to be exact, it doesn't fix anything, but lets you boot your phone!

Maybe this is of help for people who have more expertise on the boot up procedure to find out where the problem is located, as it seems to turn up for more and more people.

I have the same problem, stuck in Bootscreen, where it says: NOKIA.
When I plug my N9 to my Laptop (Win7) I get this USB Icon in the top-right corner, but my Computer doesnt recognize the N9, due to driver or sth.

Aww, how do I get my Computer to recognize the N9?

Dear All,

I recently sign up this maemo talk community. I'm using N9 from past 2 years. In my phone, developer mode is activated & repo mirror is installed. Few days back, I try to use terminal just for update: using the command: apt - get update. I also install N9 repo mirror latest version,( i guess 0.7.2 ). After using the terminal via apt - get dist -upgrade and apt- get commands my cellphone behave differently. Like my home icons are automatically moving/deleting. When i restart the phone. It stuck with a nokia logo. Then after one day, i try to connect with my desktop and still it shows nokia logo. Now the logo is not visible, just the black screen. Whenever i connected to usb cable, the corner light automatically turn on (very dim) & after 1-2 minute, the light suddenly bright then vibrate & blinks almost 14 times. Meanwhile Desktop is searching the device drivers - Nokia USB ROM and Nokia N9 (UPDATE MODE)..the task bar shows drivers are not installed. I also share the details of my cellphone.

Serial Number: 351669053078678
Warranty: NO
Care Services:
Warranty Class:
Product Type: RM-696
Sales Model: Nokia N9
Product Code: 059J228
Start of Warranty:
End of Warranty:
Activation Date: 17-04-2013
Ship-to Customer #: 112114
Ship-to Country: Kuwait
Sold-to Customer #: 112114
Sold-to Country: Kuwait
Context Date: 25-09-2016
Factory Simlock: NO
Software Version: 40.2012.21.3

Kindly help.. what should i do? I also check the other blogs & try to flash through win-flasher but my phone is not detected.
I'm using DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_006-OEM1-958_ARM.bin according to my product code.

Reply Must.

Deep Regards,
Ishan

Can't help feeling that "apt-get dist-upgrade" was not a good idea on this Harmattan device as sourcing missing dependencies can now be an issue. Device battery could be fully discharged so have a look at this resource:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87709

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Can't help feeling that "apt-get dist-upgrade" was not a good idea on this Harmattan device as sourcing missing dependencies can now be an issue. Device battery could be fully discharged so have a look at this resource:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87709
Thanks a ton!! Really helped me a lot.. N9 still survive....