Notices

Long story short, was messing with Nitdroid, biffed the installation over my existing one, things went to hell so I reflashed. No big deal really as now I have an Android tablet to mess with.

Anyway, after restoring my backup, my AB levels were gone (has happened before anyway.) But now when I go to redownload them on Ovi, it says I have to buy them again. Last time, I just redownloaded without paying (again) for them.

Any idea on how to get them back for free? They are also still in "My stuff" portion of Ovi so I would think they know that I paid for them already.

Same thing just happened to me. I just sent a request to Customer Care. No response yet.

advice for the future: download the .deb and store it somewhere, so you don't get caught up in Ovi's **** like right now

Originally Posted by Char View Post
advice for the future: download the .deb and store it somewhere, so you don't get caught up in Ovi's **** like right now
I was thinking about that but I'm not sure you can download the .deb can you? If I can, I'll definitely do that once I get them back.

@gulmargha
About to do the same thing. Let me know what you find out and I'll do the same.

Originally Posted by cincibluer6 View Post
I was thinking about that but I'm not sure you can download the .deb can you? If I can, I'll definitely do that once I get them back.

@gulmargha
About to do the same thing. Let me know what you find out and I'll do the same.
All debs are stored in /var/cache/apt/archives on debian-based systems.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
When you download paid for apps from Ovi they get saved to /home/user/MyDocs/.tmp/ and deleted after you install them, if you want to keep a copy of the deb copy it from there before OKing the install in App Manager.