Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
Anyone knows how to disable the orientation lock applet? If I remove it via apt-get it removes the metapackage of fremantle
Check "powatool". It has beeb mentioned a few pages before in this thread. It can also disable the "Nokia hands" video on startup.

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
Originally Posted by petur View Post
Please read some previous posts before complaining, this is an issue with the Nokia supl servers, switch to the Google ones...
Sorry but i'm not complaining (maybe because of my bad english), i just ask, because i can't find where the answer is...496 pages

Thanks!

Last edited by turbovomit; 2011-09-15 at 11:38.

@turbovomit
Go to your settings->location. For positioning server, change it from supl.nokia.com to supl.google.com
It'll use Google servers to help fix your spot and they supposedly work the best from what other users have said (haven't used it myself since changing.)

@izrzdor, check the wiki. It'll be in the "Community" section of the site, or better yet, just go to wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cincibluer6 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
The problem is that if hildon desktop crashes (which happens sometimes) all the widget and icons' locations are changed back.

for landscape mode i use activity manager, but it does not keep the state for portrait mode.
Is there a way to keep the portrait mode locations? where is it being saved in the file system? (i thought maybe i'll just save the settings files aside and copy again if crash happens)
You'll have to use gconftool-2 for backing up the respective values under /apps/osso/hildon-home/applets/

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
I had put trying CSSU off until an opportune time, when a)things such as camera-ui had stabilised, b)there was some compelling reason. Circumstances conspired to make that today.

It was very painless, and the changes for portrait mode support seem to work very well.

Congrats to the CSSU team, this is looking like a very good SSU, is it PR1.4 :-).

Originally Posted by bobh View Post
It keeps track of icon positions separately for each rotation. So all you have to do is position them the way you want in portrait and it will stay that way.
Tks for your tip! Works perfect!

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Seems like it f**ks up my usb port. When I turn off the phone it keeps showing me the nokia logo than the 5 dots showing up. They disappear than the logo shows up again and so on . . . very strange. When turning the phone on it doesn't charge at all.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
You'll have to use gconftool-2 for backing up the respective values under /apps/osso/hildon-home/applets/
Another option for saving those settings: after you have it setup in both modes, do a power off and reboot. When shutting down it records all that placements and will restore back to those from then on.

I apparently just did something stupid by adding the following line to the end of transitions.ini:

gconftool -st bool /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate false

effectively rendering my N900 disabled - there is only one home screen with overlapping icons. Any help?

Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
i will try to do that - but what about the icons of the shortcuts? I don't see their locations there

Thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade