Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
So, i managed to connect my N900 to my 4 TB NAS via VPN ans sshfs.
Works fine, as far as the simple networkstuff is concerned.

My Problem is that all Apps on the N900 are designed to work with the rather small internal space, scanning all Media on the Device.
That approach obviously fails when you try to scan about 3 TB data for multimedia files.

What i need is an imageviewer and a musicplayer that works "old school", meaning you have to browse to the file/folder you want to play or view. Like "add directory" in Winamp.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
vlc, kmplayer for example, would love to have moc!

VLC i know, thats why i didnt ask for videos.
It isnt that comfortable for MP3s or images, thought.
And opening files seems to work via file browser, and the filebrowser seems to be a *bit* slow. And thats not depending on the network connection.

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Use the good old terminal for browsing, then.

What you need is tracket-cfg and just disable thumbnails. If I understood you correctly.

Someplayer music player allows you to browse for files and build a playlist (once you figure out the UI). You can also add items to the playlist while playing jukebox-style. I've used it with an sshfs mount.

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Isn't running a DLNA server on the NAS possible?

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Rockbox for the wictory when it comes down to MP3 playing

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

What you need is tracket-cfg and just disable thumbnails.
Did that, still slow *g*
Isn't running a DLNA server on the NAS possible?
Yeah, since the NAS is a fairly well equiped Debian system, that wouldnt be much of a problem.
BUT i dont like this streaming etc. stuff.
And, to be honest, i dont know much about DLNA but read a lot about bugs and stuff.

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by ChoMar View Post
What i need is an imageviewer and a musicplayer that works "old school", meaning you have to browse to the file/folder you want to play or view. Like "add directory" in Winamp.
That's just how it works. The DLNA server will appear in the Media Player view and you can browser it by album, artist or folder.

If you dislike streaming, how do you suppose of playing those all files off the server?