Posts: 78 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Washington State
Originally Posted by scaler View Post
With your duties as mod on this forum, you probably haven't tried to make sense of the four threads the “dude” started on the same problem on the Talk>Talk>General forum.
Um, I'm not a mod, never have been. Just a fan, a guy who really likes the n810 and wants to help fellow users. Oh, and I can code so I try to pitch in when baking code is what best solves the problem. But I'm also a long-time UNIX guy and sometimes those old skills can also make a difference.

Anyway, if I can help, I help. If I'm irking somebody, I try to just apologize and back away.

I'm sorry if any of this makes you unhappy. I'm going back into the shadows to lurk now. :-)

Andy

The Following User Says Thank You to vandys For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Hey Andy don't sweat it...A lot of people have tried with Buffalo. Finally exasperation and tempers got high all around and you were simply trying to diffuse the sitch. No worries eh?
BTW I am going to start a thread within this coming week (I'd do it sooner buuutttt....It's our very long stat. weekend here....and I am sober...looking at a case of cold beer ...my Barbie ...on my clifftop deck...on this gorgeous weekend...It's my country's B-DAY!!!!!......HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA! WOO-HOO! )....to get an assessment of us (n770 up to at least n810) users...to keep it tight...if there isn't a lot of help coming.
..If there is a lot of response... then immediately including the n900 users in discussion sounds do-able and not so horrifyingly daunting .
The thread title will be aptly named "The Buffalo Fiasco" . Not meant derisively but to encompass a wide range of issues that need addressing ....that are point-blank-in-our-faces as a consequence of what the entire situation unfolded into...that can ....and should be remedied.

Last edited by endsormeans; 2013-07-09 at 21:55.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:

Tags
full install, nokia n810