Nokia said that about the library but that's stupid.
Mine still lags after 3 flashes and 3 days of running.

The Following User Says Thank You to ENNINE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Slovenia, Ljubljana
Originally Posted by ENNINE View Post
Nokia said that about the library but that's stupid.
Mine still lags after 3 flashes and 3 days of running.
Mine is working fine after that.

Which version you have?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by jpfsn View Post
I am 100% certain that if you have updated to PR1.2 with NO tweaks in the terminal, it works fine. It works faster, smoother and with no bugs as far as I can see.

I acknowledge that there may be regional issues due to the firmware differences, but I firmly believe that any big problems that users are experiencing are more likely to be attributable to hacks in the terminal which are messing up the device after updating to PR1.2.

So, if you are in the "big problems" category, my advice is to revert back to a clean system, update to PR1.2 to experience the N9 as it should be. Then, and only then, start making your tweaks and hacks - provided that the hack is based on based on the PR1.2 firmware.
No hacks here and my device is thrashed. Can't get beyond yellow triangle that tells me that my device is not working properly.

Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
I don't believe your device is bricked, mine did the same thing too after too many consecutive resets. (Phone battery was dead, plugged into what I thought was a connected charger in my car, and tried turning it on over and over and was like wtf till I realized it wasn't plugged in) Ever since then I get the same triangle and error message on some restarts. If I just reset it again, it runs normally after that error message.

Apparently there is some tracker that will automatically display that message after a series of unsuccessful boots, but by no means is it bricked.
Thanks. I did do any resets and have no custom tweaks. Even after charging overnite, I can't get beyond the warning screen. Truly sucks

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Thumbs down. Please make comment disappear.
? A 700+ device behaving like this after a update is not acceptable.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
FYI here is a quote from
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...latform-update

"Dear eager N9 developers!

We know that you are interested in updating your devices to PR1.2 as fast as possible, but we propose that you restrain yourselves to the fully productized and verified updating procedure.

The availability of the update is based on the variant of the Harmattan operating system on your device, and not the current operator or your physical location. See Harmattan version numbers explained (23-Jan-2012) for further details.

The over the air updates are rolled out on a per-variant basis. Some variants are released earlier, and others obviously later. The exact schedule depends on various aspects, including but not limited to variant volumes, time zones and e.g. network owner approval. Please have patience waiting for the update notification to appear on your device.

We recommend that you do not apply your skills or other voodoo in forcing the update from the terminal application. While manually tweaking the settings and trying to force the update may seem to work, you may also end up bricking your device or otherwise rendering the platform or applications to an unexpected state.

A variant release consists of packages that have dependencies to each other. Different variants have different packages and different dependencies. Additionally, apt-get is a component of full software delivery stack and using it directly is not advised. If a user e.g. forces an update of a variant on top of another variant by manually tweaking repository information, this may result in some packages not getting updated, and some being otherwise wrong.

To update your device, only use the over the air updates with device graphical user interface or the Nokia Software Updater.

Remember that great powers come with great responsibility: the warning of potentially losing your warranty when enabling developer mode is there for a reason. The terminal enables you to do plenty of impressive things, but it also enables you to mess up your device's configuration and contents in a spectacular fashion.

In addition, some users have experienced sluggishness on first boot after the update. That is to be expected and is a sign of ongoing cleanup and re-indexing. It should be fairly fast, only a minute or so for most users. However, the duration is dependent on the amount of data stored on the device, and thus the sequence may take significantly longer as well."

Please follow the link and read the developer comments and Nokia replies below that statement.

Last edited by aironeous; 2012-03-03 at 05:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Philadelphia
Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but as of two days ago, the phone is stuck on "Checking for Updates". It never connects to the Nokia server to check to see if there's an update. PR1.1 Singapore-005

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by tibere86 View Post
Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but as of two days ago, the phone is stuck on "Checking for Updates". It never connects to the Nokia server to check to see if there's an update. PR1.1 Singapore-005
What's the output of this command in xterm ? You will need to devel-su to run it.

apt-get update

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
So is this the thread for summarizing 1.2 issues (real or imagined/self-imposed) or is this?

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-03 at 08:23.