Okay, so my touch screen no longer notices touch. I know why and everything, but I would very much like to make a backup. Is there someway to do this without touching the screen? I can get to the X-Terminal no problem.
Any help would be great, thanks.

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
  • Enable extras-devel via adding a line into /etc/apt/sources.list (as root):
    Code:
    echo "deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel fremantle free non-free" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
  • Refresh apt repository lists (as root):
    Code:
    apt-get update
  • Install backupmenu by robbiethe1st (as root):
    Code:
    apt-get install backupmenu
  • Reboot (once done) with keyboard slid out and backup contents to ideally microSD{HC} card or dump it into eMMC. If using eMMC route, you will need to enable mass storage mode (via terminal as root):
    Code:
    /usr/sbin/osso-usb-mass-storage-enable.sh

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Okay, that is awesome thanks!
Next question:
how do I get out of my alarm going off when i can't use the touch screen? every time I boot the n900, I have about 15 seconds before the alarm starts. once that happens, I can't do anything and it won't go away

Edit:
Nevermind, I found out how to get rid of the alarm; which leads to another question, how come, when I put the screen facing downward does it stop an alarm?

Last edited by DelJaRoo; 2011-10-17 at 19:33. Reason: solved

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by DelJaRoo View Post
Edit:
Nevermind, I found out how to get rid of the alarm; which leads to another question, how come, when I put the screen facing downward does it stop an alarm?
That's controlled by the accelerometer. You can turn the phone face down to reject incoming calls or stop alarms.