Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Finally got cutetube2 to install and update and not crash on launch. Still no streams or resolution options shown. There were unupdated libqtm packages and here is the reason why. When I install cssu testing it opens the application manager and shows cssu 5 update and underneath all these libqtm updates. But before I get to update suddenly I'm always thrown to console where it says to shutdown application manager and hit enter to continue. I think I have normally updated everything first in the application manager and then went to console side. This time I shut down the manager and went to console and hit enter. Then it does a lot and after that I get bacdk to application manager which still shows those updates. Usually I have hit 'update all' but this time I chose to first update the cssu 5 only. After that update it did not show anymore those libqtm updates and I thought there is no need.

Now what I did to get those updates back I went to catalogs and added repository.maemo.org/community and took the testing and devel repos off. After doing this there came cssu updates for libqtm and I updated them. Then I tried isntalling cutetube2 but it said impossible to install any of the packages. Then I put the testing repo on again and it gave again cssu updates with same libqtm packages plus cutetube2. I updated them and cutetube2 no longer crashes. But I'm still out of video streams even though cutetube finds them.

I think this is now probably some kind of media codec stuff or something. So anyone knowing what should I have to get the media streams feel free to join my monolog here. I have been rightly accused of asking help without giving enough information. Now I have really tried.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
It broke again and crashes on launch. It is connected to the libqtm packages which version they are. Really annoyed. Have been at home as sick and now starting to be very much fed up with this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Anyone? Working cutetube2? Youtube video streams ok? Sigh, I'm alone with this cause nobody watches youtube with their N900 anymore. Everybody have some corrupted fancy sold-my-soul phones and they enjoy with Google. Freemasons have big G as their leader, only revealed to those of higher stage like 32 and 33. Then you know.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
I had cutetube2 working like few months ago, but it doesn't work anymore. Seems like Google has changed something (again). I have been enjoying N900 for 1,5 years now, and although I like the phone very much, it has been discouraging to see apps dying. First QSpot, then Cutetube. I had no real use for Cutetube anyway, but I really miss QSpot. Lack of Spotify client is perhaps the biggest issue for me on software side with N900, along with lack of modern web browser of course.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
I hope the one who made cutetube could check it out if it is possible to fix. I understood that with Kernel-power53 you can even watch youtube without downloading. For me youtube is a need cause like to listen and watch ted talks and instruction videos. Never used spotify. I use msoma radio on N900 and listen different channels (like left coast 70s).

Sulu has ported Netsurf 3.9 to Easy Debbie. It's really fast. And he said he could probably make a new jessie img. If he does I will try again chromium 57 from odroid forum to be able to use whatsappweb (better than nothing) and instagram through developer mode to post pictures and thoughts.

But so this youtube thing is for others too? Nice that you told. Two days I spent on trying. Now I can rest.Last night went to bed at 3:30 after not succeeding and just trying and trying. Almost messed my fresh install while trying this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
For some reason did not check this cutetube thread cause thought this info would be on cutetube2 thread. Next gonna try the instructions given here https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.ph...etube&page=164 unless someone can confirm that not even with these it is anymore possible to get youtube streams.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
I'm sorry that I was hitting F5 in Fxtec thread so I didn't recognize this thread. Otherwise I could have told you sooner that cutetube doesn't work, so you wouldn't have to spend two days trying.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Well now trying those openssl and qt4 updates next. Just have to download with computer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
I am very impressed Maemish...
you are on exactly the tangent I would be taking...given the exact same scenario..
and you are doing it wisely ...like tiptoeing gently through a garden in bare feet ....looking at what impact every footfall makes...and trying to foresee and anticipate potential impacts from future footfalls before you put your toes down into the garden in front of you ..

Much saner an option than stomping through with boots on...wondering why there is damage...

you are definitely looking at the situation inside as a holistic one.
and you are peeking in to see what potential damage to other functions may occur from just one package that is a subtle variation of another...

ooooh!
isn't it exciting?!?!
its like a good puzzle...or trying to diffuse a bomb...
Or better yet ...like a game of "Operation" ...don't touch the sides! ...bzzzzk!
hahaha
ah envy you your fun...
its been some time since I had a maemo program I wanted to get to work so badly ...that I mucked around as you are now..
I am content with what works ...have been for a while...
I am sure that too shall pass...

Anyway...
I think you are approaching the problem the best way...
Hm.
who was it now who worked and did all the "cute-___" progs for maemo again?
HIS brain is one you definitely want to pick...
Help you need on the "cute-___" series ...was his baby...
I'd be finding his home address and camping on his doorstep until he helps you ...he did after all make them ...
Just nudging you in the best direction and the best maemoian who could help....considering...

Or ..do it yourself...as you said...you got it before...
Did you write down exact instructions on how to? would make it easier to replicate the results...maybe not as fun...but it would shave a great deal of time off ..

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
I had cutetube2 working like few months ago, but it doesn't work anymore. Seems like Google has changed something (again). I have been enjoying N900 for 1,5 years now, and although I like the phone very much, it has been discouraging to see apps dying. First QSpot, then Cutetube. I had no real use for Cutetube anyway, but I really miss QSpot. Lack of Spotify client is perhaps the biggest issue for me on software side with N900, along with lack of modern web browser of course.
I just build my own radio streams.

Start here, https://www.internet-radio.com/stations/

Then add them to the music app and bingo stream music curated by someone else.

Bam!

Cutetube is dead. I stop trying maybe last year. And now Skype has finally died for me too. might need to do a telegram or something else as an emergency way to contact ppl when only wifi works.

x

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post: