Active Topics

Originally Posted by zappAtom View Post
No, I'm not the author but such an app was on my wishlist for long. I can only advice you to communicate with the author on his blog (http://jensge.org/2012/03/introducing-helium/). He probably likes feedback or help (He set up a GIT repository).
You're already communicating with him, it's phako ;-)

Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
An UPnP media controller indeed would be very welcome, it really augments the media server on our N9.

But I'm afraid I fail to see how this would provide streaming-audio-out-to-upnp-capabilities. The "GST Launch" in the screenshot could very well be a Rygel installation on his local machine. Indeed, Rygel supports streaming from gstreamer, but our N9 is lacking the library for that, as was discussed earlier. But seen his work, Jens might very well be able to pull it off
Yeah, that's my local machine. Sorry if that caused confusion.

Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
This looks great, just what I need to play to my DLNA amp, are you author of this app? Does it have an announce thread here (I couldn't find one) Is there going to be beta available?
No it doesn't have one yet as it was (and is still) lacking some basic but necessary capabilities (like proper error handling). Still I wanted to get the news out since so many people were waiting for such a tool. Btw, we should probably move over to the N9 dlna thread instead of hijacking this one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phako For This Useful Post:
heyyyy, so
gst-launch-0.10 pulsesrc device=sink.hw0.monitor ! mulawenc ! rtppcmupay ! udpsink host=192.168.1.100 port=5000

works wonderfully.

anyone happen to know how i could do the same with a microphone? i want to send a sink on my computer to the n9 over a network.

so i have no idea what i actually want to do with the stream on the n9 side.
i suspect that what i want to do is change nokia application behaviour, which is impossible. possibly what i want to do is pulse-magic, though, so if anyone knows what i want, lemme know.

getting the stream to the n9 was simple. my goal is to have the phone app use my the stream {from my laptop's microphone} instead of the n9's microphone.

laptop-microphone => n9-loudspeaker
laptop:
gst-launch-0.10 pulsesrc device=alsa_input.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo ! audioconvert ! audio/x-raw-int,channels=1,depth=16,width=16,rate=44100 ! rtpL16pay ! udpsink host=$n9ip port=3200

n9:
gst-launch-0.10 -v udpsrc port=3200 ! "application/x-rtp,media=(string)audio, clock-rate=(int)44100, width=16, height=16, encoding-name=(string)L16, encoding-params=(string)1, channels=(int)1, channel-positions=(int)1, payload=(int)96" ! rtpL16depay ! audioconvert ! pulsesink

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Stereo(!) microphone from N9 to PC:

PC:
Code:
gst-launch udpsrc port=3200 ! "application/x-rtp,media=(string)audio, clock-rate=(int)44100, encoding-name=(string)L16, channels=(int)2, payload=(int)96" ! gstrtpjitterbuffer latency=1000 ! rtpL16depay ! audioconvert ! autoaudiosink
N9:
Code:
~ $ gst-launch-0.10 autoaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! audio/x-raw-int,channels=2,depth=16,rate=44100 ! rtpL16pay ! udp
sink host=<IP of PC> port=3200
The PC-side actually works in both Linux as Windows (GST .10.7 beta, as mentioned before)

This is uncompressed audio. But still the two problems remain: how to get the original audio from example the music player, without the need for pluging-in headphones? And why won't TCP work? (Well, the Windows version seems to lack TCP...)

Also, the jitter buffer is at full second. Much lower and it breaks.

More interesting stuff ahead: using the N9 as Dolby Headphone decoder:

Code:
~ $ gst-inspect-0.10 | grep Dolby
nokiadhmmix:  nokiadhmmix: Dolby Headphones Mobile mixer
nokiaddpdec:  nokiaddpdec: Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital Plus decoder
But I don't know how to use them, and what the exact options are.

Of course, GStreamer can stream video as well. It should be possible to stream video directly to VLC on a PC right over the internet. I don't know about the streaming possibilities of HTML5 or Flash. Would be cool though to embed a videostream in a website. Any suggestions here too?

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
pretty cool fuzzilogic.

im still interested in using my laptop microphone in the phone app. if anyone can think of a way to do this, i would really appreciate it.