Active Topics

What you need is dpkg-repack. This program recreates a .deb file that was installed on your system. Since it is written in perl, you should be able to install the package from debian:

http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/poo...k_1.32_all.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Installing a local package while resolving dependencies is not a feature of dpkg or apt, but together they usually manage:

dpkg -i local.deb ; apt-get install -f

Very nasty, and Application Manager will be unable to assist you later.

Development tools shouldn't be used casually to toss packages back and forth between people.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Very nasty, and Application Manager will be unable to assist you later.
It depends from application category - after installation of zip/unzip from .deb file via dpkg, Application Manager shows it on my N900 w/out any problem.

But after removal of red pill in 44-1 Application Manager don't want to show any application in 'admin' category for example, even it is installed on your device. And couple another categories too.

Some developers want to keep you from yourself, Brock.

BTW, you can use 'Petrovich' application to exchange files between two N900 "via BT, E-mail and sharing". I didn't test it and it is in 'system' category (not 'user') but it is still not banned.

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
thanks all for the support... i will test these things and how it works...

the software is mcalender... my friend had installed it, however he did it, i dont know and he said he has made a lot of things and dont know what of them is the one thing to do... i get always an error of missing sqllite and hoped that i could get these files from him... *so nothing with pirating or something like that *

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
BTW, you can use 'Petrovich' application to exchange files between two N900 "via BT, E-mail and sharing". I didn't test it and it is in 'system' category (not 'user') but it is still not banned.
petrovich is in the ovi store too, so i dont think it will be banned... but the problem with petrovich is that you can not access the root directory or other system directorys...

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
petrovich is in the ovi store too, so i dont think it will be banned... but the problem with petrovich is that you can not access the root directory or other system directorys...
No, you should do a debian package first (see some previous post) in your home directory or any another good place and send it to another N900.

Without debian package you definitely will loss configuration and some pre/post installation procedures. Actually, that procedures are written in your friend device (in /var/lib/dpkg/info directory) but much easy way and much reliable way is - recreate .deb file (again - see some post before). Debian package will include anything which is needed for application.

Hello,
A friend of me had installed a game on his device with the apt-get command. I would like to have this app too, but the app is not available anymore over the apt-get command.
the software is mcalender...
That's not a game... :P

Originally Posted by codeMonkey View Post
That's not a game... :P
your right, it was my mistake, i was playing a little bit while writing, that shoudl be the reason why i write game... so its not a game...

I know a few people are interested in designing a level editor and since the concept is just so usable and there aren't any clones I can think of. I think the community should (will?) get together and make a clone of it with extra features and a built-in level editor. If you're playing their levels though, you should honestly pay them. I wish I had bought my copy before they pulled it, 3$ is a half pint of cheap vodka, I can totally spare that for some quality levels, but from the research I've done I don't think they'll be releasing a level editor for it or multiplayer support so as a community we should probably do that for ourselves.

Tags
.deb, application, deb, pirate, repackage