I have noticed that in my N900 the accelerometer is out of alignment. If I use the "Anglemeter" application for example and put the phone on a flat table it will show about 3-4 degrees of angle. In short - it's not a real problem but it is visibly out of alignment.

Two questions:

1. Am I the only one with this problem or is it normal in the N900

2. Can the base be adjusted with a parameter somewhere (/proc/?)

I believe the sensor is only accurate to within 3-4 degrees, I saw another thread on this before with someone asking a very similar question. I'm not sure if he ever got his answer on a way to calibrate the sensor through the OS, but I can tell you one of the things mentioned was that the sensor just isn't meant to be accurate to within a degree.

The camera lens is not flat with the case.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle, WA
See here and here.

Originally Posted by unkno View Post
The camera lens is not flat with the case.
I mean when standing on the side - the flat side with no buttons.

And to the other comments - well it does seem to be pretty precise and in my case - the 3-4 degrees out of allignment seems very consistent.

Originally Posted by lbthomsen View Post
I mean when standing on the side - the flat side with no buttons.

And to the other comments - well it does seem to be pretty precise and in my case - the 3-4 degrees out of allignment seems very consistent.
I remember reading that removing battery helps fixing consistent skew. There where at least couple of people saying this, although I think they had bigger error.

Ive noticed the same, Its only out by 1.6o , would be good if you can edit its config somehow to misalign it by that much.

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
The anglemeter can be calibrated..
Place the phone straight or in a preferd angle, push the "0" in the middle of the screen under 90 degree and you should be up and runnng.
I think the anglemeter is a good app and seems to be correct within 1 degree..