Notices

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ isfahan
hi
i have probleme
i use personal email
i set all setting of email on my n900 i can receive mail but i cant send any mail
i create an email for test
Name:  Email.png
Views: 1109
Size:  8.9 KB
plz answer me to right setting of email
tnx

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
SMTP port is usually 25.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
SMTP port is usually 25.
do u can send email by test@x5x.ir?

Last edited by CanDo; 2013-05-08 at 22:54.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Also know what ISP you are using. Many only allow SMTP traffic from their own or otherwise trusted servers so as not to be come a spam relay.

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Also know what ISP you are using. Many only allow SMTP traffic from their own or otherwise trusted servers so as not to be come a spam relay.
how i can fix it?

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
You can't "fix it". If your ISP is blocking that SMTP server, then you either change your ISP, or change to a trusted SMTP server that is not blocked.

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
You can't "fix it". If your ISP is blocking that SMTP server, then you either change your ISP, or change to a trusted SMTP server that is not blocked.
tnx man
y i can send mail by pc but i cant send mail with n900?

Originally Posted by CanDo View Post
y i can send mail by pc but i cant send mail with n900?
I thought I had the same problem once. Strange thing is I could send an email to some people but not to others. It turned out the problem was I misspelled my return address. Some people sat behind gateways that checked the validity of the domain the email came from and rejected mine.

Another obvious question is, are you sending it via WiFi or GSM/3G? If the latter, then you are not comparing like for like. The PC and the N900 are using different ISPs.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I thought I had the same problem once. Strange thing is I could send an email to some people but not to others. It turned out the problem was I misspelled my return address. Some people sat behind gateways that checked the validity of the domain the email came from and rejected mine.

Another obvious question is, are you sending it via WiFi or GSM/3G? If the latter, then you are not comparing like for like. The PC and the N900 are using different ISPs.
i use GPRS 2.5G on n900 and pc by mobile hotspot
dear i can send email by yahoo and gmail. but i cant send email by other servis for exmpl this servis
test@x5x.ir

You haven't replied whether you've tried changing your SMTP port. As mentioned above, it is usually 25, but your snapshot indicates that you used 2525.