Active Topics

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United States
Hey,

I recently just received my phone back from having it repaired by Nokia. They reformatted and updated the software to the latest, and everything was fine until I noticed that now whenever I take a call, my screen doesn't shut off automatically. It used to be when I brought the phone to my face that it would turn off, and if I took it away, it would turn on.

Does anyone know how to get this feature back?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
have you installed anything? if so then what (in xterm maemo-list-user-packages)

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
The sensor may be broken. Does restart help? The best way is to take it back to Nokia if reflash doesn't fix it.

Simple Brightness Applet, Plastic Addon Theme, Conversations, fMMS, and Foreca. Those are all the things that I have right now.

Restart doesn't help. Everytime I need to see the screen, I need to unlock it from the bottom. The ambient light sensor still works though, in the sense that it detects light and dims my screen, or no light and brightens screen + keyboard.

To have to send it back again... I just received August 21st, Saturday. Nokia, Nokia...

Is your Simple Brightness Applet set to "Keep Display On"?

Alternatively, there are some issues with the call UI and I noticed some odd behaviour relating to it, you could try this fix: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60599

Originally Posted by llBlackenedll View Post
Is your Simple Brightness Applet set to "Keep Display On"?

Alternatively, there are some issues with the call UI and I noticed some odd behaviour relating to it, you could try this fix: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60599
It's not set to that feature.

I'll take a look into that thread though, thanks!

Is there any way to restore my phone to the original condition / factory settings (ie. flash) to see if that'll fix my problem? I really don't want to send it in again if I don't have to...

Yes, see here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

You can do a hard reset (which deletes everything) too if you want, just follow the eMMC instructions. Did you try the other link I sent you?

Yes I did, but I still have the problem. The screen shuts off automatically after making a call, then after unlocking it from the switch, it stays on.