Hi,

I have been searching for where are MMS settings located on my N9 and fail to locate them.

Also on this forum people seem to be sharing tips and suggestions about operator specific settings, but I am puzzled how do they access these settings on N9.

Please point out directions to the MMS settings. Thanks!

Last edited by Discoveryellow; 2012-09-20 at 01:06.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by Discoveryellow View Post
Hi,

I have been searching for where are MMS settings located on my N9 and fail to locate them.

Also on this forum people seem to be sharing tips and suggestions about operator specific settings, but I am puzzled how do they access these settings on N9.

Please point out directions to the MMS settings. Thanks!
Hi Friend,

You mean you wnat to configure it manually? Here in the Philippines it's automatic though, but anyway...

Settings->Applications->Messages->Multimedia message center

It's defaulted to "Automatic"...just tap on it if you want to configure it manually.

EDIT: By the way..not that it's related but can be overlooked...make sure that your device is set to"Dual" Mode or "3G" mode or you won't send/receive MMS (or even connect to the Internet via 3G).

The Following User Says Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by topet2k12001 View Post
Hi Friend,
Settings->Applications->Messages->Multimedia message center

It's defaulted to "Automatic"...just tap on it if you want to configure it manually.
Great, thank you! Exactly what I was looking for.

Yes, it did get configured automatically on my N9 with T-Mobile USA, but when I switched to SimpleMobile here in the U.S. the MMS stopped working, and so did internet. So I am manually reconfiguring this stuff.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Atlanta
How are you liking SimpleMobile so far?

Originally Posted by fignew View Post
How are you liking SimpleMobile so far?
True value for the money! Here is the breakdown:
- N9 wanted and purchased in cash, so no contract would cut it for me.
- Simple Mobile $40 plan all unlimited, and data at "3G" speed, clocks at about 200-300kbps DL. Enough for all my needs. Bonus: No taxes, no fees, no b/s, $40=$40.
- Data connection is stable, which was not the thing with T-Mobile prepaid service that I had to reboot my phone at least once, and email background sync would often fail so I don't even get email notifications.
- FREE unlimited international SMS. - This was a [oh, s**t!] great surprise.
- NO short numbers SMS support, so forget about your Zipcar reminders and many other great services provided via short numbers. - This was also a surprise; a sad one.
- U.S. based customer service provided by real humans speaking real American English and not following scripted guides (which was not my TMO case before). On the downside they are always overloaded with long wait times and frequently not even putting you in cue. Best time to call about 6AM EST ;-/
- You can port your number in under a day. Had the service for two month now, after about two years on TMO prepaid 10c/min, $30 and $50 plans.

Last edited by Discoveryellow; 2012-09-19 at 19:53.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by Discoveryellow View Post
- U.S. based customer service provided by real humans speaking real American English and not following scripted guides (which was not my TMO case before). On the downside they are always overloaded with long wait times and frequently not even putting you in cue. Best time to call about 6AM EST ;-/
Got a little "ouch" from this (sorry for the off-topic), but I'm glad you got your MMS working plus great service.

Originally Posted by topet2k12001 View Post
Got a little "ouch" from this (sorry for the off-topic), but I'm glad you got your MMS working plus great service.
Well, you can wait 20 minutes and get to talk to someone during the day.
To me the real value lays at an intersection of reliability and affordability. So if both are true sprawling customer service department is redundant at my $$s expense.