Active Topics

hi guys and gals, bit of an unusual question, but you guys are more resourceful and smarter than me when it comes to the n900 and finding out info etc

I would really like to purchase the Kenwood KDC-BT8044U head unit for my car specifically to work with my Nokia N900. Although the kenwood website does not list this phone as being compatible, I wondered if this was just because it was a new Nokia and just not listed, or that the n900 uses different operating system and software to phones such as the n97 etc which do work with the KDC-BT8044U? Please could someone find out and tell me if the N900 will work with the KDC-BT8044U. The main thing i need to work is the hands free bluetooth function of being able to scrol my phone book and missed calls, receive calls and dial out etc from the screen on the head unit so my phone can stay in my pocket while driving. knowing my luck this wont be possible and i should have been a sheep and bought a bl**dy i phone like everyone else in the world,(still rather have my n900 though lol) anyway i hope someone can find the answer. everything is compatible with the i phone and not my beloved n900 and its really annoying

cheers in advance

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Halifax, UK
don't know but i doubt it
my car's (vauxhall/opel) built in stereo won't accept the N900, something to do with it being a tablet but it accepts other phones and mp3 devices

I have this radio and this phone, and it doesn't work "out of the box" :-(

I found this on Google, and I wil try it later this week:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39336

The menus from the above post is not the same on the BT8044U, but I got it working. Phone book doesn't work though, but it's okay for me.