Posts: 13 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Finland
Hello

Got my Jolla today and I wanted activate Developer mode without sim-card. I have an jolla-account and wlan connection. I couldn't install apps from the store.

Is it possible to activate Developer mode without sim-card?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jalomann View Post
Hello

Got my Jolla today and I wanted activate Developer mode without sim-card. I have an jolla-account and wlan connection. I couldn't install apps from the store.

Is it possible to activate Developer mode without sim-card?
Yes, usually the fault is that your datetime might be slightly off if you dont have automatic time update from the sim. So you need to make sure that time is right (or 1 minute in the future). As if you time is even 1 minute old, then https connection will fail (due certificate error time checking) and developer mode download will fail too.

Or is you have accidentally tapped on SSU part in the settings then your domain is wrong and you need to reset it back to sales. Google around how to do that.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-12-12 at 20:19.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Finland
Thanks. I had to reset few times. I think at least the user name must be set as well.

Someone could insert this on FAQ?

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Tags
developer