Active Topics

Notices

@biketool

It seems i'm missing important information about Sygic map's compatibility ....or your post is a little bit deceptive.

Could you explain it better specifying the version of Sygic Maps you are using and the release date of the maps you have installed inside the N900?

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
+1
because I tried that a few times with different maps from android and it didn't work. If I would transfer just a map of my country then I would still see the rest of the Europe but not HR. And if I tried with all new maps then nothing, with or without original mlm file.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
http://www.sygic.com/updates/
Sorry, i don't have too much faith in this "automatic scanning devices wizards"...and in the posts containing urls without explanation.

Last edited by xes; 2015-04-27 at 12:10. Reason: typo

Originally Posted by xes View Post
Sorry, i don't have to much faith in this "automatic scanning devices wizards"...and in the posts containing urls without explanation.
well maemo got sygic 10 and sygic supports 10 so maybe

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
(bla bla bla) maybe
You mean, you have not tried it yourself before posting the URL?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
You mean, you have not tried it yourself before posting the URL?
shamelessly yes

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Sorry, i don't have too much faith in this "automatic scanning devices wizards"...and in the posts containing urls without explanation.
don't bother with that, it does nothing for n900

The Following User Says Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
@biketool
Could you explain it better specifying the version of Sygic Maps you are using and the release date of the maps you have installed inside the N900?
Guess I missed this post nearly a year ago...
So I did this a few years ago, if you look in the Maps directory on Maemo and Android you can find the country/area files. I am still running Sygic 10 and I think the torn apart Android APK(was it Symbian?) version was maybe 11, I don't think it was 12 where they added 3D models to maps, but it ould have been maps form 8 or 9 for that matter. There was more to it, but it was not so complicated, and I think I also added a language and keyboard file which perhaps made it more complicated. As I recall simply transplanting contents from a Maps directory between compatible and activated versions of Sygic was pretty easy, but it might have been 4-5 years since I had to install from any other method than Backupmenu to replacement N900s.

Last edited by biketool; 2015-12-13 at 15:02.