Notices

Alright, this time I make a little advertisement in my own interest.
The voting for the MeeGo Coding Competition has started (Thanks a lot to zehjotkah and all the others involved.).
MeePasswords takes part in this competition in the Business & Office category.

If you are eligible to vote you should have received an email with your "voting credentials" and a link to the voting page from council@maemo.org.
I do not intend to make you blindly vote for MeePasswords, instead this post is intended as a little bump for those of you who use and (hopefully) like MeePasswords and who might take a minute of their time to vote.

Anyway, I hope those of you using MeePasswords enjoy it no matter if you vote or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Please excuse the long silence in here.
Those of you following the MeePasswords thread on forum.meego.com know already that there is a new, somewhat "innofficial" Version of MeePasswords for MeeGo/Harmattan.
Essentially, MeePasswords Version 1.8.0 adds support for NFC tags. You can use these tags as means to access your data instead of having to type a password.
You can get that version from my repository at:
http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/wonko/Harmattan/

Also, thanks to all the testers, MeePasswords for Harmattan can now be officially downloaded from apps.formeego.com.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Today I showed Wonko a couple of drafts of some new UI ideas for MeePasswords. We agreed that we'd like to get your feedback before continuing with the work.

So please have a look at the attached screenshots and tell us what you think. Left side is the current UI, right side is the proposed new UI.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by conny View Post
So please have a look at the attached screenshots and tell us what you think. Left side is the current UI, right side is the proposed new UI.
Screenshot 2 (My Accounts): Make the category and item labels smaller (like in the built-in contacts app probably).

Screenshot 3 (Account details / "Google"): Maybe make the password only reveal itself after being touched? This could avoid over-the-shoulder password stealing problems. For example, the password could be listed as "****" and when touched, it gets revealed (maybe after a confirmation?). The "copy" button would still work - in some cases, this could allow you to copy'n'paste the password without even seeing it in plaintext on the screen.

Screenshot 4 (edit sheet): The affirmative action could be named "Save" instead of "OK". Also, the password could again be displayed as password field, with a "show password" checkbox below it that toggles hiding/showing of the password (like in WLAN authentication dialogs where it's called "Show password" or "Display characters"). Again, most of the time you could enter the password without being visible on the screen.

HTH

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the input Thomas.

This looks good. Support for long notes is something I have been waiting for MeePasswords. Both long lines, and many lines (i.e. diagonal scrolling). Diagonal scrolling could be restricted to edit screen, as long as it is possible somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to sconf For This Useful Post:
I think scrolling (for long notes) will be possible in both screens. At least I don't see a problem with that

Originally Posted by sconf View Post
This looks good. Support for long notes is something I have been waiting for MeePasswords. Both long lines, and many lines (i.e. diagonal scrolling). Diagonal scrolling could be restricted to edit screen, as long as it is possible somewhere.
Actually, MeePasswords already supports at least some form of long notes. Only limitation is that you have to insert linefeeds (i.e. press enter) yourself.

I also like the new design very much and thanks a lot to conny for this work.

PS: I also agree with thp in that the icons and the text in the list view should be smaller.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
The new UI looks great.

Perhaps rather than reinventing a sync mechanism though, you could talk to LastPass to develop an official client / use their sync?

At the moment, they're not considering the N9 viable and their Symbian client seems to be S60 3rd Edition era! I stuck my oar in... ;-)

http://forums.lastpass.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=79397

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post: