Hi,
First off all - If this isnt the place to post this thread kindly correct me so I'd know for the next time.

Yesterday I posted this thread about me not being able to pair my n900 with my car's Kenwood car stereo (or to be more precise - the KCA-200BT bluetooth module). After a lot of time in the car (along with my laptop SSHing to the N900 and looking for messages on dmesg), I have managed to solve this problem.

First of, go into the 'administrative menu' of the module (look in your manual, its different from one radio to another since the bluetooth is a module add-on and not a feature of the original radio). Using the menu, erase (yes!) every single BT device you connected to the radio (don't worry, you can add 'em after the n900 pairing). After erasing all the devices, change the authentication pin to 5 digits (e.g 00000 instead of 0000). After you changed the pin, change the BT mode from handsfree (should appear on the screen as "HF-M") to A2DP (should appear as something like AD-M). Save the changes and now try the pairing. It took me about three hours of trail and error to do this (I only had the french manual and my french skills are... non-existent ).

Before, when my iphone was connected to the car-kit, if someone would call me, the radio would stop and display the word "CALL" on the screen followed by the contact name (if appears on the contact) or phone number. Also, the radio would play an annoying beeping sound which symbolizes the fact that you have an incoming call. Now, if someone calls you when the N900 is connected, the CD/radio station you're listening to would stop and the radio will play you the ACTUAL RINGTONE from the N900 (how cool is that?) BUT it won't display the contact name on the screen - only his number . In addition, the A2DP music streaming quality from the phone is GREAT (unlike what it was with the iPhone).

Have fun!

Last edited by Casp3r; 2010-01-05 at 13:59.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Casp3r For This Useful Post: