Active Topics

Notices

As per subject, I have been unable to enter any text into text field using canola on the n900...anyone else?

Only just realised since attempting to use the Picasa plugin

I have the same. Also it doesn't index anything from MyDocs. And crashes whenever I want to change the theme.....and.....nevermınd

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
their is a reason it has never left devel they are not working on it for N900 from what I can tell I have reported the text entry box but they claim it is a fremantle bug and not anything with canola.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

I have no luck entering text in canola on my n900. I would like to add some videocast and podcast feeds. Can anyone tell me if I can manually edit files on the device to add the addresses? Tryin to find the canola folder on the device, can anyone guide me? thanks.

Originally Posted by woodyear99 View Post
I have no luck entering text in canola on my n900. I would like to add some videocast and podcast feeds. Can anyone tell me if I can manually edit files on the device to add the addresses? Tryin to find the canola folder on the device, can anyone guide me? thanks.
Check this out https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6511

I have found a work around for those interested, hope this helps you.
Once you have the text entry field up, start typing and then cancel the contact
search that appears and return to Canola. Press the power button once to bring
up the N900 menu and click back into the blank space at the bottom, thus
returning you to Canola once again. This seemed to solve it for the instance of
Canola I had open (until I closed and re-opened the app)
Apologies if this is at all unhelpful.
However, it didn't solve my problem as no Contact Search appears on my desktop.. if you will find any other solutions - pls post it here.

Tried those things, still cannot enter text

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
their is a reason it has never left devel they are not working on it for N900 from what I can tell I have reported the text entry box but they claim it is a fremantle bug and not anything with canola.
http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/stud.../t127230760962

They will be.

Canola lives once more...

And I confirm the power button workaround (it's the same as in Easy Debian LXDE):
  1. Bring up the text field
  2. Click in it and see if you can't type
  3. Press the power button to bring up the menu
  4. Dismiss the menu to get back to Canola
  5. Type away.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

The Following User Says Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post:
Trying it but it refuses to let me type in video feed urls

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Brasov/Cluj, Romania
Hello,

I'm the GSoC student working on the Canola port to N900 project.
The workaround mentioned by xomm to get keyboard input is not working anymore in PR1.2.
The problem is related to the EFL libraries, all EFL applications running on N900 have this bug not only Canola. I have a solution for it but as I am not sure it doesn't break anything else I want to discuss it more with the other Canola/EFL developers before posting it.

Originally Posted by woodyear99 View Post
Can anyone tell me if I can manually edit files on the device to add the addresses? Tryin to find the canola folder on the device, can anyone guide me? thanks.
Canola stores almost everything in ~/.canola/canola.db (sqlite database), but I wouldn't recommend you to edit data manually.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andrei1089 For This Useful Post:
I'm I the only who realized canola is not minimize' able ?