Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
They don't "owe" anybody anything. They said they might give away donations/gifts one day...
If Jolla does not owe anyone anything, then why is there a refund program for the tablet?

And do not tell me it is out of the kindness of their hearts......

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Ariadeno View Post
Would you shut up and leave TMO forever if we gave you the money?
Probobly not since it would be strange if only I get the money and others won't/don't.

What you can do is to give the money to jolla and hope that they can afford to speed up the refund roulette game.

I guess you could also write mail to them saying that you want to donate your 2nd, that way someone else will get refunded and we can finalize the refund project faster.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Hooray, update on blog.jolla.com:
"Shortly also about the Sony Xperia X project, as we realize many are waiting for news about it: we’re working on the project and we will update you next week about the next steps."

So no news yet, it will come next week (so more or less what we knew already)

For Dave999:
"...about the remaining Jolla Tablet refunds – we are committed to it and we will be progressing on it in a pace our financial situation permits us to do."

"...start executing refunds every month the company makes positive cash flow from its core business...some of our tablet backers will get their refund earlier than others...To make it fair...refunds in a random order."

"I can assure you that this topic has been painful for everyone of us here at Jolla. My apologies on the delayed process..."

In a nutshell: they are committed to pay you and the rest back, as long as profit is being made. How long that takes: no one knows.

Ergo: the intention and planning of Jolla is clear now. Please don't post info about refunds in this topic, since it's offtopic.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to robnas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by robnas View Post
Hooray, update on blog.jolla.com:
"Shortly also about the Sony Xperia X project, as we realize many are waiting for news about it: we’re working on the project and we will update you next week about the next steps."

So no news yet, it will come next week (so more or less what we knew already)

For Dave999:
"...about the remaining Jolla Tablet refunds – we are committed to it and we will be progressing on it in a pace our financial situation permits us to do."

"...start executing refunds every month the company makes positive cash flow from its core business...some of our tablet backers will get their refund earlier than others...To make it fair...refunds in a random order."

"I can assure you that this topic has been painful for everyone of us here at Jolla. My apologies on the delayed process..."

In a nutshell: they are committed to pay you and the rest back, as long as profit is being made. How long that takes: no one knows.

Ergo: the intention and planning of Jolla is clear now. Please don't post info about refunds in this topic, since it's offtopic.
Thank you for that info.

True, it might be off topic and I would happily discussing it an another thread dedicated for that subject. Infact, I did create another's refund thread but it was closed so until we have the freedom to discuss our subjects we have to take it elsewhere. Like this thread. But once jolla release the sw I guess it will be focus on that and less focus on Refund for a while.

Do you own an Xperia X?

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
If Jolla does not owe anyone anything, then why is there a refund program for the tablet?

And do not tell me it is out of the kindness of their hearts......
For the umpteenth time: there is nothing, legally, that would require them to refund a donation towards a failed project. It's a purely moral decision (although these morals may be influenced by business, as it makes them seem like they care more about their fans than other companies).

Now, let me just ask Unicef to refund my donations. After all, there are still poor kids in the world, so they didn't follow up on their promise.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
For the umpteenth time: there is nothing, legally, that would require them to refund a donation towards a failed project. It's a purely moral decision (although these morals may be influenced by business, as it makes them seem like they care more about their fans than other companies).

Now, let me just ask Unicef to refund my donations. After all, there are still poor kids in the world, so they didn't follow up on their promise.
Yep my reaction was more like why are they still bringing it up and not just move on. Years have gone by already, they dont have much money to do it and they've moved away from hardware business to licencing. They must really want to do it. Respect to Jolla.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pexi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Do you own an Xperia X?
No, I'll wait what Jolla comes up with. If it's a Sailfish version without Dalvik, then they didn't create a worthy successor for the J1, so I'm not sure if I'll spend that amount of money for a just-not solution.
It's like buying a Ferrari with small/narrow wheels.

But who knows: At this moment I'm having a subscription with different telephone number from where I work and I can integrate my works email on an Android phone. I'm trying a Galaxy S3 at the moment, but that's not quite fast. The Experia could be an option.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robnas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post

Don't tell me you are seriously using that as argument.

I won't judge you. But I do think it's morally wrong

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Don't tell me you are seriously using that as argument.

I won't judge you. But I do think it's morally wrong
Why not? I can remember about when giving money as a contribution for like indiegogo, it's not the same as you buy something (which I could agree with). I'm also not sure if you have the same rights regarding guarantee as when you buy something in a store or online (that's why I'm not too fond of indiegogo or other forms of crowdfunding.

Is it morally wrong: partly. It's just not the same as if you're buying something. You and others are saving money together to be able to make something. If it happens, by whatever reason, this fails, who's to blame? The organization/people who've organised it? But you were aware of saving money together and trying to produce something, with the risks involved (it's indiegogo, else the sales would have been done through the Jolla store).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robnas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robnas View Post
Why not? I can remember about when giving money as a contribution for like indiegogo, it's not the same as you buy something (which I could agree with). I'm also not sure if you have the same rights regarding guarantee as when you buy something in a store or online (that's why I'm not too fond of indiegogo or other forms of crowdfunding.

Is it morally wrong: partly. It's just not the same as if you're buying something. You and others are saving money together to be able to make something. If it happens, by whatever reason, this fails, who's to blame? The organization/people who've organised it? But you were aware of saving money together and trying to produce something, with the risks involved (it's indiegogo, else the sales would have been done through the Jolla store).
I was talking about trying to help people who got absolutely nothing.

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x