Notices

Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
If Jolla does not owe anyone anything, then why is there a refund program for the tablet?

And do not tell me it is out of the kindness of their hearts......
For the umpteenth time: there is nothing, legally, that would require them to refund a donation towards a failed project. It's a purely moral decision (although these morals may be influenced by business, as it makes them seem like they care more about their fans than other companies).

Now, let me just ask Unicef to refund my donations. After all, there are still poor kids in the world, so they didn't follow up on their promise.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
For the umpteenth time: there is nothing, legally, that would require them to refund a donation towards a failed project. It's a purely moral decision (although these morals may be influenced by business, as it makes them seem like they care more about their fans than other companies).

Now, let me just ask Unicef to refund my donations. After all, there are still poor kids in the world, so they didn't follow up on their promise.
Yep my reaction was more like why are they still bringing it up and not just move on. Years have gone by already, they dont have much money to do it and they've moved away from hardware business to licencing. They must really want to do it. Respect to Jolla.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Do you own an Xperia X?
No, I'll wait what Jolla comes up with. If it's a Sailfish version without Dalvik, then they didn't create a worthy successor for the J1, so I'm not sure if I'll spend that amount of money for a just-not solution.
It's like buying a Ferrari with small/narrow wheels.

But who knows: At this moment I'm having a subscription with different telephone number from where I work and I can integrate my works email on an Android phone. I'm trying a Galaxy S3 at the moment, but that's not quite fast. The Experia could be an option.

The Following User Says Thank You to robnas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,345 | Thanked: 7,149 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by nthn View Post

Don't tell me you are seriously using that as argument.

I won't judge you. But I do think it's morally wrong

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...I'm also supporting Apple 2016 or until Jolla fully refund or ship the jPad to all backers and supports!

"waited over a year for no tablet and then the same again for potential refund? inspires confidence!"

Don't tell me you are seriously using that as argument.

I won't judge you. But I do think it's morally wrong
Why not? I can remember about when giving money as a contribution for like indiegogo, it's not the same as you buy something (which I could agree with). I'm also not sure if you have the same rights regarding guarantee as when you buy something in a store or online (that's why I'm not too fond of indiegogo or other forms of crowdfunding.

Is it morally wrong: partly. It's just not the same as if you're buying something. You and others are saving money together to be able to make something. If it happens, by whatever reason, this fails, who's to blame? The organization/people who've organised it? But you were aware of saving money together and trying to produce something, with the risks involved (it's indiegogo, else the sales would have been done through the Jolla store).

Posts: 6,345 | Thanked: 7,149 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by robnas View Post
Why not? I can remember about when giving money as a contribution for like indiegogo, it's not the same as you buy something (which I could agree with). I'm also not sure if you have the same rights regarding guarantee as when you buy something in a store or online (that's why I'm not too fond of indiegogo or other forms of crowdfunding.

Is it morally wrong: partly. It's just not the same as if you're buying something. You and others are saving money together to be able to make something. If it happens, by whatever reason, this fails, who's to blame? The organization/people who've organised it? But you were aware of saving money together and trying to produce something, with the risks involved (it's indiegogo, else the sales would have been done through the Jolla store).
I was talking about trying to help people who got absolutely nothing.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...I'm also supporting Apple 2016 or until Jolla fully refund or ship the jPad to all backers and supports!

"waited over a year for no tablet and then the same again for potential refund? inspires confidence!"

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 4,356 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ germoney
I guess you could also write mail to them saying that you want to donate your 2nd, that way someone else will get refunded and we can finalize the refund project faster.
I think they will again have some kind of form were you can voluntarily offer to not recieve the refund?
That's what i will do with the 2nd part of my wifes refund if asked.

But i could totally understand this guy being not so forgiving.

Sending an email propably will generate more work as necessary on Jolla side.

Also, why not revive this Tablet thread for refund discussion and return to Sony topic here?

Last edited by mosen; Today at 13:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
I think they will again have some kind of form were you can voluntarily offer to not recieve the refund?
That's what i will do with the 2nd part of my wifes refund if asked.

But i could totally understand this guy being not so forgiving.

Sending an email propably will generate more work as necessary on Jolla side.

Also, why not revive this Tablet thread for refund discussion and return to Sony topic here?
yeah, hope jolla pick him early in the refund game.

True. move that thread to jolla tablet section and we are a go.

Excellent!

@Mosen. do we still have that google docs with all names to we can see the progress?

Last edited by Dave999; Today at 12:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia