Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I honestly don't like the above idea of a 5-row keyboard. You're typing on that thing with your thumbs - that takes a LOT of thumb traversing to cover.

(And on a Win 7 phone, all those extra buttons have so much remappable space wasted, since I doubt that phone would let power users remap the keyboard. Which means all those extra buttons that could've had an extra character are just idly wasting that potential, because some people got into their heads that the standard qwerty layout is the only right way to do a keyboard, even when qwerty was made for typewriters for the entire hand and this is a phone the keyboard of which is likely to be used with just thumbs.)
Windoze Phone only needs three keys.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
That is why we need a personalized phone store, where you can build your own phone, just like you can build your own sneakers
IMO that's a great idea. Seriously, Nokia or Samsung at least should be able to do this with some preparations in the initial design considering the sheer number of phones they are spitting out each second. For instance:

Choices:
HW Keyboard, Y N
Camera: 12 MP AZ, 8 MP EDoF, 8MP AZ,,,
Chipset: Raw, Normal, Light
Screen: Black Amoled, Amoled, LCD
Color: Black

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I honestly don't like the above idea of a 5-row keyboard. You're typing on that thing with your thumbs - that takes a LOT of thumb traversing to cover.

(And on a Win 7 phone, all those extra buttons have so much remappable space wasted, since I doubt that phone would let power users remap the keyboard. Which means all those extra buttons that could've had an extra character are just idly wasting that potential, because some people got into their heads that the standard qwerty layout is the only right way to do a keyboard, even when qwerty was made for typewriters for the entire hand and this is a phone the keyboard of which is likely to be used with just thumbs.)
At least CTRL+Alt+Del is possible. That said, I am not considering such phone either.
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Windoze Phone only needs three keys.
Looks like someone was faster than me with the reply.

Last edited by govprog; 2011-06-16 at 09:42.