Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
lol! i wonder if they will,somehow fix the battery draining in the next update. after reading on wiki about the n900 and its hardware,its likely to be a software related issue

Got my new N900 few days ago, the battery drain is horrible. Does not last even a day with moderate use. For example, today no phone calls, ~ 10 sms messages, ~ 1 Hr music on headphones, backlight @ level 1 and barely made it back home. This is unusable in its present form. How do regular users deal with this or is some crazy setting on my part?

Originally Posted by flydeep View Post
Got my new N900 few days ago, the battery drain is horrible. Does not last even a day with moderate use. For example, today no phone calls, ~ 10 sms messages, ~ 1 Hr music on headphones, backlight @ level 1 and barely made it back home. This is unusable in its present form. How do regular users deal with this or is some crazy setting on my part?
will see the difference after at-least 10 battery cycles.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Are there any possibilities to run maemo-flasher on Windows 7 64bit?
I've installed maemo-flasher 3.5 but it crashes when I start it!?
Is there an alternative to flash the N900 to the newest firmware?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Shyney View Post
Are there any possibilities to run maemo-flasher on Windows 7 64bit?
I've installed maemo-flasher 3.5 but it crashes when I start it!?
Is there an alternative to flash the N900 to the newest firmware?
You could use a bootable Linux CD and flash it from there. I've done that when flasher refused to see the N900 on my XP system.

Do I need a special bootable version of an linux distribution? or can I download the ISO from this link: http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download (Ubuntu 9.10) and simply burn the image to a cd and then boot from cd?

And does the flasher only work on ubuntu 32bit or can I also use the 64bit version?

Do I need a special bootable version of an linux distribution? or can I download the ISO from this link: http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download (Ubuntu 9.10) and simply burn the image to a cd and then boot from cd?

And does the flasher only work on ubuntu 32bit or can I also use the 64bit version?
follow this
i did and it works fine

You'll need a version that will run from CD rather than requiring installation. I'm sure the Ubuntu ones used to do that, but last time I looked I couldn't find anything to say they still do. The flasher should work in either 32 or 64 bit versions, but unless you're wanting it for another purpose as well, there's no advantage in going with the 64-bit version.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Thank u all! I've now burned Ubuntu 9.10 to a cd and boot from there right at this moment I'm online with linux my problem know is that I've downloaded the flasher for linux it was a .deb file and I installed it but now I can't find the flasher!? on the desktop is no link and on applications and in the Software-Center I can't find it too.

Try just running "flasher-3.5" - hopefully it's installed itself into the default path somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:

Tags
extras-devel, firmware, firmware update, flasher, free space, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, n900 pr1.1, n900 pr1.1 update, nsu, ota, pr1.1, pr1.1 update, rootfs, ssu, update