Posts: 209 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fishers, Indiana
Originally Posted by thoughtfix View Post
Someone DID compile USB support and sent me a little HOWTO on it. I've been waiting for the time to analyze it properly and clarify the howto. Do you want me to privately send you what he sent me in the meantime?
Please send it along to me.

Thanks-
Larry

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I also still would like to see this mysterious information

Also interested. Thus far, I've changed the following from the default kernel:

CBUS_TAHVO_USB=y
CONFIG_USB=y
CONFIG_USB_OTG=y
CONFIG_MUSB_HDRC=y
CONFIG_MUSB_HDRC_HCD=y

Also, added some modules for HID, FS, etc. OHCI seems to get turned on somehow, and it seems to conflict with TAHVO_USB...

-Robert

Ok, so TAHVO_USB stopped erroring about OHCI once OTG was enabled, but it won't link because there's an unresolved extern to a deprecated function otg_set_transceiver... I saw a patch in a nokia thread somewhere where they completely cut out that part of the code as it's no longer necessary, but I need to find it again before making the changes...

-Robert

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hey Hey,
is anybody working on this at the moment or did you all give up?!? Please summ up the facts
about possibility ect. So that i know if there's a chance

can noone of all the big minds out there to do it?

Originally Posted by thoughtfix View Post
Someone DID compile USB support and sent me a little
HOWTO on it. I've been waiting for the time to analyze it properly and clarify the howto.
Do you want me to privately send you what he sent me in the meantime?
could i please see it too? Perhaps it'll help

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fishers, Indiana
Getting host mode really enabled is a matter of recompiling the kernel with the host mode flag on and enabling it with the flasher. Flash the new kernel, and you're in business-- kind of. It crashes, a LOT. I never got further than plugging in something and then trying a thing or two before it crashed. It never seemed to recognize the device fully (printing the new device attached message) without crashing, so I gave it up for the moment. I'm waiting for improvements in the kernel before trying again. It's one of those things that has hit the road-map (to hopefully be done at some point), so I guess we'll see how it turns out.

Larry

Going a bit OT.

So if the FM radio was not the Easter Egg...and OTG support looks impossible if the hardware connector doesn't support it...then what is the real HW Easter Egg?

[QUOTE=jonstatt;38704]Going a bit OT.

[QUOTE=jonstatt;38704]Going a bit OT.

Perhaps it's WiMax?! Or even something you could never imagine

Originally Posted by lbattraw View Post
Getting host mode really enabled is a matter of recompiling the kernel with the host mode flag on and enabling it with the flasher. Flash the new kernel, and you're in business-- kind of. It crashes, a LOT. I never got further than plugging in something and then trying a thing or two before it crashed. It never seemed to recognize the device fully (printing the new device attached message) without crashing, so I gave it up for the moment. I'm waiting for improvements in the kernel before trying again. It's one of those things that has hit the road-map (to hopefully be done at some point), so I guess we'll see how it turns out.

Larry
Thanks for your quick reply.. so.. what happens If you boot the n800 from an other system e.g. debian?