Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
agreed. its upto the winner what type of theme he will choose. If no one came up micro shot will be a good theme. i have picture for this competition which i will upload a bit later.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
A little loose on the theme, but it's all I have this month...

Certain events accompany the end of summer and going back to school for my family. Apple picking at a local apple farm is one of those things. I took this photo today of the sunflower patch at the apple farm.
You pick your own apples from the orchard, then you pull your own sunflowers out of the patch.

Taken with 808 PureView.

Last edited by imaginaryenemy; 2014-09-29 at 03:49. Reason: Spelling error

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I would not say that "anything" is a well defined theme. I suspect the diminishing number of entries has more to do with the wider problem of the diminishing number of active TMO members.
Do not be so pessimistic, please. It is a difficult time, there are too many tasks to be done, things to repair, lost objects to be found... But people are here, albeit reading instead of writing. Even members long inactive may return.

And with Neo900, new people are coming. With FPTF, it may become possible to port Maemo to other devices, freeing them from proprietary operating systems. No guarantees, though...

Maybe, we will see Maemo.org coding competition next year? Centered on Sailfish (Jolla, Mer, Nemo Mobile (hopefully, they will finish their migration to Qt5.2 by then). N900 and/or Neo900 and/or N950 and/or Jolla devices could be the prizes.

It is difficult to make a photograph about "Back to school" when I am used to all-year-round studies. Weekends become the head-ache days (sleepless nights), compared to weekdays. But I will try to find something. However, N900 has 0%-battery, the battery charger is broken (when will I get to the soldering place?), and N950 does not have camera (in default apps, at least).

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
It's a bit hard this month I guess. I need to fix my N900 as well but remember, you could use any possible camera phone so if you own other phones simply use them or cheat a bit and use your friend's phone.
I just don't have the strength to go anywhere other than home after school but maybe I'll suprise myself these days.

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
You can go to your local supermarket and take a picture of a rack of school uniforms
Except for supermarkets the period of choice is July - August to trouble us with "back to school"

Edit:

When school uniforms stop being required by the school, the students will sell-impose their uniform code set by TV. https://s3cdn-lookbooknu.netdna-ssl....jpg?1330202091
How many decades more will they have to suffer sweaty feet in those Converse?

these long discarded school chairs stand symbol for my enthousiasm to return to school. (Nokia Pureview 808)

Name:  2014-09-14-7137 copy.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  72.2 KB

Original:

http://1drv.ms/1uyklgY

Edit : link doesn't work, trying again https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=photo%2cjpg

Last edited by ste-phan; 2014-09-30 at 12:31.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Here is my entry for this months competition.

going for my 3rd class of the day.

direct image link: http://imgur.com/H0Xc751

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Northern WI, USA
I would not say that "anything" is a well defined theme. I suspect the diminishing number of entries has more to do with the wider problem of the diminishing number of active TMO members.
I knew someone would criticize me for that. No, "Anything" is not well defined, but it is basic, which is what I was getting at.

Last edited by kapu2; 2014-09-30 at 03:08.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kapu2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Half-Life_4_Life View Post
You have to walk those 20km? :P
hahah well no . Its speed limit for vehicles.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Except for supermarkets the period of choice is July - August to trouble us with "back to school"
And for some of us pictures of school uniforms wouild require taking a time machine back to to the eighteen hundreds.

EDIT: Nevermind. According to Wikidpedia they were never used over here. Altough some posh kids tried to use them in 1890's. Nobody took them seriously.

Last edited by Rauha; 2014-09-30 at 08:24.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:

Tags
black horse, camera, phone, school, september, summer