Active Topics

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
It seems to be a reasonably common problem that can happen early in the life of the display, so I'll probably only bother getting it fixed the day before I sell it!

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
Originally Posted by Duffer View Post
It seems to be a reasonably common problem that can happen early in the life of the display, so I'll probably only bother getting it fixed the day before I sell it!
i'm mad... here in italy if your phone doesnt work, they 'll repair it... but in 30 working days!!! 30 days to change a display??? and they will clear all datas from the phone (also if you have to change the LCD) my god... i had the n97 with a boster problem, they repaired it in one mounth!!! repaired changing the boster but after 2 weeks it was dead again. i lost all my pictures my add book ect just cose they was changing a boster!!! shame shame shame in italy... shame!!!! they keep the phones for 30 at the least!!! i dont want to separate from my lovely phone

Last edited by santiago; 2010-03-25 at 11:53.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by santiago View Post
i'm mad... here in italy if your phone doesnt work, they 'll repair it... but in 30 working days!!! 39 days to change a display??? and they will clear all datas from the phone (also if you have to change the LCD) my god... i had the n97 with a boster problem, they hadmit for one mounth!!! repaired changing the boster but after 2 weeks it was dead again. i lost all my pictures my add book ect just cose they was changing a boster!!! shame shame shame in italy... shame!!!! they keep the phones for 30 at the least!!! i dont want to separate from my lovely phone
that's not our or nokias fault. I should have guessed you are from italy because those people really piss me off just by being theirselves. (+1 for my theory again)

1. get yourself better leaders
2. get better consumer protection
3. be happier.

we in Finland have the limit for reasonable service time. And it is 2 weeks if I remember correctly.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
[QUOTE=ossipena;581707]that's not our or nokias fault. I should have guessed you are from italy because those people really piss me off just by being theirselves. (+1 for my theory again)

3. be happier

do you understand why i am mad couse of it

i noticed a bright spot a few days ago & thought it was my imagination. then thought it would just go away. now after reading all these posts, i can't stop noticing it!

my screen used to click when pressing the bottom middle area, then came right. also the metal surround around the screen sort of 'bowed' for awhile so if i pressed the bottom upwards there was some travel. i pressed really hard on all sides and that fixed it (for now)

lastly when i press the bottom row of keys the keyboard creaks. again, its the surround which is plastic in this case

i also had a dream last night the letters were rubbing off the keyboard. but i guess that doesn't count.

bit worried about the long term prospects of this phone. hope it survives past the warranty period!

shame nokia...

The Following User Says Thank You to huntr77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by huntr77 View Post
i also had a dream last night the letters were rubbing off the keyboard. but i guess that doesn't count.
hahaha, thanks for a good laugh

BTW, I have 2 spots on my screen too.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
yep my had his 1st about 2 days after and I laughed at him, now I got one in the middle almost 2 months after owning it. Loooooooool not really bothered tho.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Spain
i have a lot of stucks and light pixels too, around 15..

1 or 2 doesnt matter ... but get the replacement if number goes out of fingers ... btw according manufacturing standards , "its common to have few dead pixels on the screen in its early stage ...."

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
[QUOTE=santiago;581726]
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
that's not our or nokias fault. I should have guessed you are from italy because those people really piss me off just by being theirselves. (+1 for my theory again)

3. be happier

do you understand why i am mad couse of it
yes, i understand that you accuse nokia and tmo when the real guilty is your countrys consumer protection.

the bright spots are life. if you are unable to comply the rules and conditions in your country, you should not make 600eur investments at all.

electronic devices have always some rate for defect units and it is impossible to separate every broken one unless the price is tenfold and delivery time 3 months more.

so don't hate the player, hate the game.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search