Posts: 44 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Liverpool, UK
I have a new shiny n900 at last. Treating it with kid gloves at the moment until I get my case and screen protector for it.

Surfing tinternet I I see two products that seem to be of choice.

Vikuiti DQC-160
http://www.protectionfilms24.com/art...900-27604.html

and

ARMR200
http://www.protectionfilms24.com/art...900-28210.html

Both at the same price and both cheaper than what I can find on ebay.

But they both have different qualities. Some say the ARMR200 is better than the DQC-160 albeit I have also read that the ARMR200 is dull compared to the DQC-160 and one poster said that the ARMR200 is not very nice to use with the n900 in particular when swiping your finger on the screen.

Anyone care to share their experiences with these two screen protectors.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to scouser For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai, UAE
Apart from these, why don't you try getting yourself the matte screen protectors?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-MATTE-Anti-Gla...#ht_2452wt_939

this should help you eradicate most finger prints and also improve screen readabilty in direct sunlight !!

I had these on my 5800 and they worked great, never gave me any problem, I am awaiting these on my N900 now

Cheers

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Liverpool, UK
Hmmm....

After posting this, I see that both products are 3M. On their site, the ARMR200 is referred to as "Protection film" while the DQC products is referred to as "Repair film". Based on this, the ARMR product looks like its the dogs danglies.

Jagger (any relation to the guy rolling the stones): Not sure about this MATTE product. I cant help feel that 3M know their onions better than most on this technology. Thanks for the input though.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
I am a fan of the ZAGG protectors, definitely do not scratch!

Fred

i've tried zagg and HATE IT. The coating feels uneven and bad however it is pretty strong but i don't need all that strength.
Then i bought the Vikuiti DQC-160.
REALLY REALLY nice!
Seriously! Way better then anything i've tried.

btw, the ARMR200 should be the same as zaggs, and i don't like it

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Yeah I have the Zagg full protection. I really dont care if my screen protectors scratch, as long as it's not the screen. The Zagg is more of a hard gel, of course it's not going to scratch.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Tamworth, UK
Originally Posted by eikido View Post
i've tried zagg and HATE IT. The coating feels uneven and bad however it is pretty strong but i don't need all that strength.
Then i bought the Vikuiti DQC-160.
REALLY REALLY nice!
Seriously! Way better then anything i've tried.
yes i agree the 160 is a good choice i am very happy with it

I use the DQC-160. I manage to 'peel' open the remaining of the screen protecter and find out that it's actually a dual layer material, one that's supposed to face the screen, the other, outwards. Putting on the screen protector was easy, but must get it right the first time - clean surfaces, clean water, and a bit of patience.

Reason I bought it: 3M product.

Good: Adheres evenly on major surfaces. No visual distortion or any rainbow effect. Does not affect touch sensitivity. It's hard coated unlike some rubbery tacky films. Fingers swipe across screen easily. Doesn't use sticky material that would normally accumulate dirt and dust at the border of the films. Removable for wash, but I don't see the need to do it.

Bad: Scratches easily. Got some coins mixed up once and it has 3 hairlines on it. If you happen to get a film with curled edges, you'll see void space starts to build up once the water dries. My film voids around the on screen camera cut-out, but doesn't bother me.

Verdict. Recommended.

I suggest clear protector