Hello,
unfortunately I found no solution in the forum or by myself. So I ask...

Did anybody successfully used the new VMWare image for Maemo5 an PR1.2 (http://maemovmware.garage.maemo.org/2nd_edition/) ?
I downloaded the VMWare Image for the Desktop with the SDK and the ESBox.
Download OK, VMWare startup ok, however starting the ESBox IDE was not successful. After the usual first question for the workspace location, I got just a small Dialog-Box (Looking like an Info Popup) - but with no text and no Button to continue.
It was not possible to continue here or close that dialog - I had to kill the whole ESBox process.

Did anybody managed to start the preinstalled ESBox from the new VMWare image? Or has a suggestion how to solve the problem?

PS. With older VMWare images from December 2009 - there were no such problems.

Thanks for any help!

Regards, Edgar

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Caracas/Venezuela
I don't know if i am offtopic, but how did you managed to install the vmware image? I ask this question because now i have to download 4 images (for ubuntu_karmic)

This is one VMWare image in a 4-part archive.
Get the "7z" archive program (kind of Winzip but better) and start to extract the image *.7z.001 - it decompresses all 4 files into one 9GB VMDK file.
This has to be opened with the free vmware Player.

Thats it! Apart from the problem with my Esbox.

sadly i got the same problem

i think the image is not ready, its too rush to be released and they were not test it before.. the install_official_vm_tools.sh had problem calling dialog, so we have to download the dialog package first in ubuntu, the nokia eula is placed in the wrong path, the cdrom had tobe change to cdrom1, so then i can install the vmware tools.. and when i get happy to finish the job, the esbox execution is only a looped empty dialog box..

please, somebody fix this.. asap, and thank you..

hmm, i found the solution and will try..

i tried, and it works!

Last edited by kerasakti; 2010-05-31 at 02:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kerasakti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kerasakti View Post
hmm, i found the solution and will try..
Thanks for your help, kerasakti!
It worked as described in that link above!

Concerning the VMWare-Tools installation: The latest version is already installed in the image. Currently no need for the "install_official_vm_tools.sh" script. Check version with "/usr/bin/vmware-toolbox"
VMWare Player will check for updates automatically and offers to download them. Afterwards the upgrade is simple.

The bug in Karmic made us remove the VMWare images once again and update them. They will be back really soon. A big big sorry for the inconveniences!

Daniel

The Following User Says Thank You to danielwilms For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danielwilms View Post
The bug in Karmic made us remove the VMWare images once again and update them. They will be back really soon. ...
Hello Daniel,
is there any news concerning the images ?

Edgar