With the n810 how would i use it to listen to mp3 etc...through my car speakers? Or is that possible?

I was with a friend yesterday and he had a zune connected playing on his car speakers and I was wondering if that is even possible with the n810 and if so what do I need to get in order for it to happen

thanks

Eric

You can connect it any way you could connect any audio input. Cassette adapters are available for ~$10, FM transmitters maybe a little more, auxiliary input free, if your head unit has it.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
It would be worth searching google to see if your head unit has aux input or if a cd chnager adaptor can be bought. These are usually about twice the price of a good FM transmitter, but would be worth the extra.

I have a griffin Itrip universal FM tx which is good, but I often get interference on busy roads or near radio masts. If you do go the FM tx route then I would recommend the Nokia FM TX http://europe.nokia.com/A4460119 as it has an additional lead for charging the tablet (or phone). I use a usb lead plugged into my griffin, and it is only good for trickle unlike the Nokia which will charge at full rate.

Originally Posted by shortymcshort View Post
With the n810 how would i use it to listen to mp3 etc...through my car speakers? Or is that possible?
If you have an AD2P enabled car stereo like the Sony MEX-BT 2500 or some Alpine car stereos, you can connect your N810 via Bluetooth (search the forums for AD2P). Or if your car stereo is not bluetooth/AD2P capable there are special AD2P modules for this purpose.

My car stero has an aux. input on it that uses 2 RCA style inputs. I have a cord that I plug into the headphone jack on my N800 and the other end is under the dash connected to the aux. input on the car stero.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
You can connect it any way you could connect any audio input. Cassette adapters are available for ~$10, FM transmitters maybe a little more, auxiliary input free, if your head unit has it.
I was under the impression that 810s had a built-in FM transmitter, I gather from this thread that I've clearly hallucinated that from whole cloth...

I saw some rumors about that... I was hoping they'd have an FM receiver so I wouldn't have any use for my car stereo at all, but I rarely listen to the radio anyway so no big deal to me.

I'm just disappointed at the audio out interference while charging in my car (opened a thread about that earlier today but only one person has said they have the same problem).

Looking forward to getting this device to do as much as possible, and all at once ;-)

How about the N800, do they have the same power connector ???

None of the N8x0s have an FM transmitter; the N800 has an FM receiver, and the N810 doesn't have that.

(The power connector is the same.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
This idea is one of my main objectives with my n810. I just sent a reply to a thread 'media center complete' with my current setup(which WILL be expanding). Currently, My mini-sd(4gb) is loaded with mp3's, And it plays Great! The output of the ear jack is much higher than my Alpine! i just wish that an app could be written to do eq. settings. I first used the cassette adapter from my xm 'till I hard wired the 810 with cords and a switch to change from one unit to the other.

As far as the FM radio goes, i have the applet installed and it starts, just that in the radio help it says to use a compatable set of ear-sets for the antenna(do they mean the ones that come with the unit-cause they aren't workin'). Would be nice to see it work, but no bother.

So, Go extreme with your idea! MP3's over skippin' CD's Anyday!!!