Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Is it stable to use VDD 1 with an OC-ed CPU up to 1000 MHz? Do we have to rename it to "power.conf" in "/and/etc/"? I'm still confused how to use OC profiles in NITDroid.

Last edited by AWasisto; 2011-11-28 at 15:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to AWasisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
I've only overwrited the profiles in <root>/home/etc consider that I've installed Nitdroid on eMMC

still have the **** error (guru)
as when i boot maemo it displays the error
and nitdroid is doing well ( a bit slow )
* MMC was in during the installation and during the boot
* i installed nitdroid via the autoInstaller
What shall i do

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by davdav View Post
What shall i do
try to flash your device completely. not just the kernel. complete means complete. then you'll have a brand new N900. thats the only way i think if you want you maemo back.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
What shall i do
just reflash the kernel and check ... if not then reflash both kernel and emmc..

i think it should get alright with kernel reflash becoz i had it about 3 times..

The Following User Says Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:
I've been trying to install this on my 32GB San Disk class 4 micro SD card following the instructions given by AWasisto here (Second Method): http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=3231
I keep running into error after error.
fdisk does not seem to be available for the N900 (sudo apt-get install fdisk reports "E: Couldn't find package fdisk")
wget does not seem to exist.
util-linux_2.13.1.1-1_armel.deb File does not exist when I go to that address with my desktop.
The auto installer for NITdroid does not appear in System or All of my package manager (I do have all 4 Maemo.org repos enabled).

Installed "Enhanced Linux Kernel for Power Users" (uname -r shows 2.6.28.10-power49) but the package manager and xterm claimed the Multiboot Enhanced Kernel could not be installed before or after the install of the Power Kernel. Do I need to use the much older (obsolete) power kernel and then multiboot?

I of course have rootsh and power kernel installed.

What am I doing or where am I going wrong?

Thank you -
David

--- I can find the NITdroid image in the garage, it's all of the other dependencies which are unavailable, non-functional or problematic/
I figured things out. I installed the NITDroid 2.7 installer before I installed the dependencies and when I tried to use it I was provided the list of dependencies which had not been met by the app manager. I then used "apt-get install" for each of them in X-Term and now have all of the dependencies met. Just need to figure out how to partition my MicroSD card.. Don't have an external card reader for MicroSD so I'll need to do it within the N900... if only fdisk were available...
__________________________________________________ ___

EDIT: Found the problem. I installed Power Kernel and Multiboot myself before runnning the NITDroid installer and apparently NITDroid installer likes to handle these dependancies itself.
I used Settings>Clear Device and flashed my N900 to remove the Power Kernel then downloaded and ran the installer again. 2.6.8 stopped at Formating ext3 so I upgraded the installer to 2.7 and worked like a charm (but installed popov 0.0.8).
Only problem now is finding any software whcih works with this version from the Android Marketplace (Adobe Flash Player 11 does not and many of the games don't make it through install, killing themselves in that process) beyond Open Office Reader.

Last edited by monkeyman; 2011-12-02 at 18:49.

Originally Posted by TransTech View Post
just reflash the kernel and check ... if not then reflash both kernel and emmc..

i think it should get alright with kernel reflash becoz i had it about 3 times..
i reflashed the kernel and its good now but i want NITDROID
what to do with it .. , i still unable to run NITDROID and when i install it from the auto-installer then restart the phone i got nothing (booting normally into maemo ) so i installed multiboot and FOUND NITDROID
in the next restart and its booting well but the maemo itsn't working anymore .. TIME TO REFLASH AGAIN ..

help me guys ..

Last edited by davdav; 2011-11-22 at 09:44. Reason: forget to mention something

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
i reflashed the kernel and its good now but i want NITDROID
what to do with it .. , i still unable to run NITDROID and when i install it from the auto-installer then restart the phone i got nothing (booting normally into maemo ) so i installed multiboot and FOUND NITDROID
in the next restart and its booting well but the maemo itsn't working anymore .. TIME TO REFLASH AGAIN ..

help me guys ..
try to remove your sd card while installing maemo. let to the auto installer to install it in emmc. may be this will help you. as mine is installed in emmc. and working like a charm.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
is the latest 2.37 worth installing? wat are the changelogs?
BACKUPMENU

i installed with auto installer but it downloads N12 which is 2.3.4

How can i upgrade to 2.3.7 ??

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid