Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
Basically like the N800, only "slimmer" and more "mainstream" design. Only major difference between this and our beloved N800 tablets (even though I own an N810, I had an N800 before), is that it's basically a phone. Not interested. If I wanted a phone, I'd get a phone.

Mind you, upon first seeing it, not knowing any of the specs, I said I wanted it. After reading, I changed my mind. :/

Jesse~

I'd appreciate it if my 800 were also a phone, so long as the battery lasted all day. One less thing to drag along.

Originally Posted by jperez2009 View Post
Basically like the N800, only "slimmer" and more "mainstream" design. Only major difference between this and our beloved N800 tablets (even though I own an N810, I had an N800 before), is that it's basically a phone. Not interested. If I wanted a phone, I'd get a phone.
Well, there's also the missing D-pad, and shortage of other buttons... Yeah, the big thing it has going for it, over, say, the SmartQ 5, is that it is indeed a phone (for those of us who do want a phone). But I'm not sure how many people can actually use an 800 MHz CDMA phone, anyway; I know I can't.

I guess the 2 Mpx (the 3.2 is interpolated) camera is a reasonable enhancement, particularly over the N810's non-rotating camera, but not enough to make me trade in my keyboard and D-pad. Guess I'll wait for the N900 -- they can't have ditched the D-pad, right?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by jperez2009 View Post

Mind you, upon first seeing it, not knowing any of the specs, I said I wanted it. After reading, I changed my mind. :/

Jesse~
Only one card slot so not a good replacement for the n800...

Kozzi posted a link to a video of the Optima in action on the N900vsN900 thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJLr-ENvP0Y

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post:
Looks more like a maemo + moblin hybrid, not android, as mentioned in the video.

EDIT: The more I look at it, it looks more like a pure Moblin MID.

Last edited by Reggie; 2009-09-04 at 20:17.

Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Looks more like a maemo + moblin hybrid, not android, as mentioned in the video.
I think the interviewer was just getting a bit mixed up, there seemed to be some language difficulty at play.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
PXA320 way not as fast as the OMAP3 in N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Wow... I wish my N810 had that battery life! Of course, the battery might be contributing to the big size of the tablet, but the device does boast some pretty good specs. Anyone know how the CPU performs against the OMAPs?

I posted a video-review of it at http://armdevices.net/2009/12/06/opt...-video-review/

Please check it out, and please help me spread it around to some relevant technology news blogs!

I submitted it to http://slashdot.org/submission/11292...evice-reviewed