Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Yes, sorry for incorrect advice. I just learned the shop has an online address verification to avoid fraud. So your destination is relevant. Please contact Nikolaus ( info AT goldelico DOT com; subj reference: "Neo900 donation from 'other destination' " ) for instructions how to proceed.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
cheers
jOERG
Thanks, Nikolaus have helped me so the site accepted my Brazilian address and the donation was made.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I've heard of "NGO" (non-governmental organisation), but never heard that term before either.
Argh! yea, NGO.....
WTF were you smoking brain? Monsanto cannabis?
I am used to them being called non-for profit organizations but really GMOs?!?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Hmm.... Donations have gone down.... 15K to 9K! Damn!

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
Hmm.... Donations have gone down.... 15K to 9K! Damn!
Some of the cancelled ones may return, as there were reports of failing donations (not accepted by bank or something), but some of them may not.

Still, 9K in 1 day is pretty cool Thanks for support!

The Following User Says Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
Wow - >15K EUR in 2 days!
Crazy - Looks like you will (hopefully) reach the 25K!
How long are you going to keep the donation window open?
I may donate again
LTE sounds good

@Joerg/Dos - Do you have any type of ROUGH estimates on time?
Maybe time for research/design and prototypes?

Edit: Still going for dual sim?
Dual SIM - probably no, as GTM801/809 modules turned out to probably not be usable for us. But if any possibility of that arrives, we'll go for it.

Donation window - I think in first talks end of the year was mentioned (AKA "we're cancelling the project if it doesn't arrive at the end of the year"), but hopefully we won't have to worry about such situation

First very rough estimates on time to arrival of complete devices: 6-9 months. First prototypes should be of course much earlier, but I'll let Joerg tell anything more about that

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lexik View Post
We are on the "edge" (no, not the Ubuntu Edge..) of the minimal HW requirements (The minimal HW req's are Cortex A-9 - dual-core - we are using A-8 - single-core). But maybe with some hacks and tricks and optimalization, it can be done.

The problem will maybe be the Android "stuff" used as a base, maybe we can reuse something from NITDroid? Or Replicant?

However there are some other options - maybe use the Ubuntu Touch UI and as basis system something else? ... something like this. You can start the tests now in ScratchBox but your success depends on the success of the FPTF.

The best option now is probably to wait

However this is just pure dreaming.

PS.: This is going to be fracking awesome!
Yeah, I have no idea how to do something like that. I guess the Ubuntu Touch UI is going to be in a "unity" package, but I really don't have the time right now to even begin porting anything (considering how I'd have to learn from scratch)

Also, the android 'stuff' is fully functional - Replicant is the android mod that runs on GTA04 and AFAIK everything's there, already working.

The Following User Says Thank You to fridgecow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
Donation window - I think in first talks end of the year was mentioned (AKA "we're cancelling the project if it doesn't arrive at the end of the year"), but hopefully we won't have to worry about such situation

First very rough estimates on time to arrival of complete devices: 6-9 months. First prototypes should be of course much earlier, but I'll let Joerg tell anything more about that
See post #1 and "timeline" link in there.
And yes, according to the statements on neo900.org the current donation phase also serves as a reassurance that there will be the needed minimum of 200 customers once we go mass-production. So my personal deadline is: if we don't see 200+ donations >=100EUR at 2014-01-01, I will rethink feasibility of the project's commercial aspects and may suggest to stop the whole project to not burn more of your money for sth that's maybe not possible to achieve. Just like Dos1 and Nikolaus I hope we won't get any near to such situation, and I think we actually won't.

cheers
jOERG

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
[UPDATE] Please see the advice on GolDeliCo's webpage! We currently can't handle destinations other than those in the dropdown list.
[UPDATE 2] see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...99#post1407199

[original]
A note to any of you who tried to donate but their donations got rejected or rolled back: The shop is doing some plausibility tests using an external web service to check and validate credibility of credit card transactions. We don't have any influence or insight into that algorithm, and we only can appologize if you were not able to donate or your donation got rolled back later on.
If your "destination" is not in the dropdown list and you can't even do or don't want to do plain money transfer to our IBAN/SWIFT/bank-account-number then please refer to
Note: if your country is not in the list of the Destinations, we really appreciate that you intend to support the project! But we regret that accepting correctly and finally handling shipment may need us to learn new export rules. We plan to have some distributor network when Neo900 goes into production.
If your donation didn't get accepted or got rolled back, please also contact the mail addr in your order confirmation mail, include the transaction number in subject. We don't reject serious donations, every one of you is an appreciated user for us!
If you want some special processing of your donation, like concatenating or splitting of donations... mention that in your order message text incl. the transaction number of your previous order you want to concatenate with this one and send a mail to the addr of order confirmation mail with your transaction number in subject, explaining what exactly you want to get done with your orders.

Many thanks and sorry for the inconveniences this shopping system (and money in general ;-D ) introduces to our lifes. Please keep the donations rolling, we're not yet there.
cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-01-18 at 04:22.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Hi there,

I may be asking a silly question but once the models are made are we getting the complete unit or are we expected to use our current N900 as housing?
#1 Nokia N900 Feb- 2011 - June - 2013 (Dead motherboard)
#2 Nokia N900 July-2013 (CSSU Stable) - Present
#3 Nokia N900 April-2014 (CSSU Thumb) - Present

The Following User Says Thank You to Ast007 For This Useful Post:
It is up to you whether you order just the board and modify your existing N900 or order a fully functional complete device.
See post #1 in this thread.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foobar For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!