Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Exactly...just use livecd otherwise on another computer if you don't want to install it to try...Don't give up on it
Thanks for the help. Learned nice things.

I eventually needed to flash as I needed the phone for my trip and thus ran out of time to try. If something like this happens again I am much better equipped to handle it.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ SP-Brasil
Hello everyone. I can not say with 100% certainty, but I never had problem like what I came across today. I had to use the GPS mode and Drive GPS signal was lost from time to time until I arrived at my destination, even the sky being clear. I installed the latest version of FasterN9 and this is the first time you use the GPS after that.

Just wanted to share my experience here: So I decided to tweak my phone after I had enough of 360p mp4 videos lagging pretty badly. Also I wanted to use the N9 QuickTweak app together with FasterN9.

I had flashed my phone once before to PR 1.3 but that was quite some time ago so my phone was already full of apps with inception and other stuff installed.

I proceeded to first install FasterN9 and straight on without a reboot N9 QuickTweak, installed the follow tweaks in one go:

A Speed Up Transitions MODs (Only Speed Up Transitions)
C Change smartsearch priority
Q Enlarge Caller ID Avatar
R Change standard emoticons
X Enlarge/Restore conversation font size

Rebooted and... wow. I have the smoothest, fastest harmattan, ever. And of course videos stopped lagging. About GPS, I feel it's getting the signal faster than before. It's been a few days and no problems what so ever.. tried to reboot many times, no probs.

many thanks to everyone involved!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiappa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by chiappa View Post
Just wanted to share my experience here: So I decided to tweak my phone after I had enough of 360p mp4 videos lagging pretty badly. Also I wanted to use the N9 QuickTweak app together with FasterN9.

I had flashed my phone once before to PR 1.3 but that was quite some time ago so my phone was already full of apps with inception and other stuff installed.

I proceeded to first install FasterN9 and straight on without a reboot N9 QuickTweak, installed the follow tweaks in one go:

A Speed Up Transitions MODs (Only Speed Up Transitions)
C Change smartsearch priority
Q Enlarge Caller ID Avatar
R Change standard emoticons
X Enlarge/Restore conversation font size

Rebooted and... wow. I have the smoothest, fastest harmattan, ever. And of course videos stopped lagging. About GPS, I feel it's getting the signal faster than before. It's been a few days and no problems what so ever.. tried to reboot many times, no probs.

many thanks to everyone involved!

The A mod are transitions smooth or just quick. Because i think it works by shortening the transitions which i think might not look smooth.

are you by any chance connected to a charger while using gps? Because it's known issue that gps behaves strangely when plugged into power for certain chargers. I typically unplug the charger for the gps to regain signal and plug it back again.

Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
are you by any chance connected to a charger while using gps? Because it's known issue that gps behaves strangely when plugged into power for certain chargers. I typically unplug the charger for the gps to regain signal and plug it back again.
this!, but only for my car charger i lose my lock

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Accra, GH
cool thanks for the app

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Hmm.. I noticed a significant increase in idle battery consumption after uninstalling the previous version and installing the latest one.

My phone almost dies by the end of the day, but with v0.9.7, I could go up to 1.5 - 2 days straight without charge.

I didn't install anything else that would run in the bg.. and I only noticed this after installing Faster N9. Did anyone else, notice this?

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
So far the only problem I've faced has been gps issues and I'm using a freshly flashed N9, which is a good indicator. The camera I think may be related to your N9 and some installed app or tweak, as I haven't had any issues with my camera yet. Also the tracker issues arrn't related to fasterN9, I am using it and so far tracker hasn't been an issue. Ask people to flash their N9's then install fasterN9, all of their problems will go away. I have been agressively testing your App and so far it works nothing short of flawless except for gps lock on time. And to test I removed fasterN9 and checked gps to see if it ran and it locked on much quicker with out it, then reinstalled it and gps lock on was slower.
Ohhh thanx Arie, I always wondered what the problem is with my GPS, now I know, but well I hardly ever use it so I'll stick with FasterN9.

EDIT: By the way I'm still using version 0.9.7, any one care to update if 0.9.10 is any good? Any GPS problems?

Last edited by Muzimak; 2012-09-16 at 18:00.

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
^ GPS works fine.. I notice a slightly higher battery usage. Perhaps I'll switch back to 0.9.7.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following User Says Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post: