Active Topics

Once again, it's not about "wants" at all.
Inoi R7 are issued to postal workers. There are rumors about certain bank employees as the next target group. The project is aimed to scale to "most of government officials" niche somewhere in 202x.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wx9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by wx9 View Post
Once again, it's not about "wants" at all.
Inoi R7 are issued to postal workers. There are rumors about certain bank employees as the next target group. The project is aimed to scale to "most of government officials" niche somewhere in 202x.
Ok. So these postal workers need a special device with some one of the kind communication protocol. Sounds like valid reason to develop a new OS for that.

So these postal workers has to leave their iPhones behind and use this new lowEnd Hardware with very limited functionality.

This will be epic!

I’m sure I’m lacking some crucial information about this.

Anyone know who is working on this OS/phone? Is it RusCorp?

Will it be like astra-linux?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-09-18 at 20:18.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
So who wants to use these phones?
Probably nobody. Folks in government agencies will be required to use them under certain protocols to avoid eavesdropping, insure proper identification, create secure channels and so forth. Actually, I just made that up but it sounds like a good conspiracy theory for a spy thriller!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Probably nobody. Folks in government agencies will be required to use them under certain protocols to avoid eavesdropping, insure proper identification, create secure channels and so forth. Actually, I just made that up but it sounds like a good conspiracy theory for a spy thriller!
They gain little to no security by that. But it would at least be good if they managed to launch a Russian OS that was driven by Russia and released world wide similar to Android and iOS.

Basically the country can continue the living if Apple and Google suddenly decide not to sell to the Russian market for some strange reason. Then this global Russian OS could continue the operations for people and orgs.

But enough is enough and it’s now enough.

More information from Russians working with the actually thing is needed. So far we lack information and can’t be sure anyone actually developing something.

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-09-18 at 21:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
So far we lack information and can’t be sure anyone actually developing something.
I don't think you can trust anyone on this subject...
You should go there yourself to see it with your own eyes.
Have a nice trip !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
I don't think you can trust anyone on this subject...
You should go there yourself to see it with your own eyes.
Have a nice trip !
No need. I have a plan.

Simply continue following jolla and that will eventually tell you everything you want to know.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
They gain little to no security by that. But it would at least be good if they managed to launch a Russian OS that was driven by Russia and released world wide similar to Android and iOS.

Basically the country can continue the living if Apple and Google suddenly decide not to sell to the Russian market for some strange reason. Then this global Russian OS could continue the operations for people and orgs.

But enough is enough and it’s now enough.

More information from Russians working with the actually thing is needed. So far we lack information and can’t be sure anyone actually developing something.
Well, you make an interesting point. Who knows, maybe these phones will be stockpiled in huge numbers in case WWIII breaks out. The good news would be that Jolla will have earned enough money to give you your refund with interest! One more thing, you know that in US certain governnent agencies are not allowed to use Huawei or ZTE made phones. So somebody is worried about security issues!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Well, you make an interesting point. Who knows, maybe these phones will be stockpiled in huge numbers in case WWIII breaks out. The good news would be that Jolla will have earned enough money to give you your refund with interest! One more thing, you know that in US certain governnent agencies are not allowed to use Huawei or ZTE made phones. So somebody is worried about security issues!
That’s not mainly security reasons I guess.

Can’t talk about here due to security reasons.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
So who wants to use these phones?
You wrote to history. Now where can I get one!?

My bet is the German government urgently needs them. Or their custom version of it.