Posts: 139 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
I have done a minor fix in the /etc/xbindkeysrc.snx file, just in case the awk code wasn't getting the right window id for the NX window. Update snx and try again (make sure that when you press Ctrl+Enter the NX window is receiving the "signal", it must be the active window before pressing and it should change fullscreen status when pressing)
Apparently xfce does not work with the latest changes, but lxde does.
By simply switching to lxde, I was able to get a working keyboard.

It also seems that when the connection has high latency: (eg: 3G), that getting the keyboard to work is impossible.
I have been able to reproduce this time and time over again.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I'm using official NX Server (not FreeNX) on a Gentoo Linux server. It normally runs as its own user and is not in the path. In order to make it work with this script I simply had to edit the "nxagent" line in the script to call it explicitly like:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/NX/lib /usr/NX/bin/nxagent

After that, it works. Thanks a lot for this.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
I'm using official NX Server (not FreeNX) on a Gentoo Linux server. It normally runs as its own user and is not in the path. In order to make it work with this script I simply had to edit the "nxagent" line in the script to call it explicitly like:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/NX/lib /usr/NX/bin/nxagent

After that, it works. Thanks a lot for this.
But that breaks the script everywhere else. It is better to add both paths in you user's .profile (server side).

Is there any update on the lack of keyboard controls over 3G or slower connections yet?
If this was working properly, I would not need to carry my netbook with me anymore.

Originally Posted by AndrewX192 View Post
Is there any update on the lack of keyboard controls over 3G or slower connections yet?
If this was working properly, I would not need to carry my netbook with me anymore.
May be the cause is the ssh tunnel.
I have uploaded a new release (0.1.6-1) to the repositories which adds an option ("-u") to use a direct connection to the host.
Please, try it, but beware that, although the session is started using ssh so the account credentials are not sent in the clear, the data connection is unencrypted. Furthermore, you have to allow incoming connections to tcp port 5011 in your host.

May be the cause is the ssh tunnel.
I have uploaded a new release (0.1.6-1) to the repositories which adds an option ("-u") to use a direct connection to the host.
Please, try it, but beware that, although the session is started using ssh so the account credentials are not sent in the clear, the data connection is unencrypted. Furthermore, you have to allow incoming connections to tcp port 5011 in your host.
I'm getting this error:
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
Need to get 8236B of archives.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/free snx 0.1.6-1 [8236B]
Fetched 1B in 11s (0B/s)
Failed to fetch http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d....6-1_armel.deb Size mismatch
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
UPDATE: I manually downloaded the file, installed, and tested with -d -u, it's still not working.

Last edited by AndrewX192; 2011-03-13 at 19:53.

Originally Posted by AndrewX192 View Post
UPDATE: I manually downloaded the file, installed, and tested with -d -u, it's still not working.
Try editing the /usr/bin/snx file, edit lines 127 and 133 so they read
export DISPLAY=nx/nx,strict=1,link=modem.....
and see what happens

Try editing the /usr/bin/snx file, edit lines 127 and 133 so they read
export DISPLAY=nx/nx,strict=1,link=modem.....
and see what happens
I made these changes, and it still only works over WIFI. 3G never works, and only 1/20 of the time is another wireless network fast enough for it to work. Also, it appears that the xfce4 startup time is too long for the script to work, so only lxde works when anything works.

When it does not work, I am stating that NX does not enter fullscreen mode, and I cannot enter any text into NX (it just goes to the terminal instead).

I was able to work around this issue by running these commands after connecting:

WID=$(wmctrl -l|awk '(NF == 4)&&($4 == "NX") {print $1}')
wmctrl -i -r $WID -b toggle,fullscreen&&/usr/share/snx/set-focus $WID

The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewX192 For This Useful Post:

Tags
remote desktop