Active Topics

Hi everyone,

I'm terribly sorry for starting a new thread about this. I'm not trying to seek attention but rather looking for someone who could help me. I lurk on the forums but this is my first time posting. I have become extremely frustrated by the customer service in regards to trying to purchase the Nokia N900 from Nokia USA.

Let me start at the beginning. I pre-ordered the N900 from Nokia USA's online store on the 20th of September. I did not mind all the delays as I am a huge fan of Nokia, and was sure that the delays were necessary to improve on the device. When November 18th rolled around, I got pretty excited. I woke up on November 23rd and checked my e-mail for any shipping confirmation. Nada. I figured they would ship it by now because I noticed that my account was charged for a pre-authorization by Nokia on the 19th of November. So I called Nokia and I was told that my pre-order was canceled. I was not notified of this at all, until I called them to check on my order status. The order apparently was canceled due to the incompatibility issues between the bluetooth headset and the N900. They told me I would need to place a new order, at a 15% discount, and assured me that I would not lose my spot on the list. I agreed and placed a new order. However, they could not process my new order and told me that they charges were still pending on my credit card, and until my bank reverses those charges they could not place a new order. Why would they charge my card (pre-authorization or not) if my order was canceled? They told me to call back when the charges were cleared, because they couldn't do anything until my bank clears them.

So I called my bank, and my bank cleared the charges with no problems whatsoever. Now I call Nokia again the next day on November 24th to place the order again. Again I was on hold for 20+ minutes before finally getting to speak to someone. I went through explaining everything and giving all my information again, only to be told the same thing. My order could not be processed due to pending charges on my card. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and they transfered me. The supervisor then told me it was not a problem with my bank, but rather a problem with their system, which flagged my card as being fraudulent because you couldn't place multiple orders with Nokia within the span of 3 business days. So she told me to call back on Saturday, November 28th.

Today, I called them again. The previous charges were already reversed by my bank, and I went through the entire process again, and again, their system declined to process my order, even though my bank said there was no problem. They would not let me talk to anyone higher up, or even anyone the U.S. The call center is based in the Philippines. All they would tell me is that they would escalate my issue. When asked if anyone would call me back to fix this problem, they said probably not. I asked them what I should do now, and they told me there's nothing I can do, and they can't override the system.

I have gone from being extremely excited to buy the N900, to almost not even wanting it anymore due to the frustration brought on by the customer service at Nokia. I want to speak to someone who is actually in charge, but my e-mails only get the same reply telling me to call the same number, which is the same number I've been calling dealing with the customer service in the Philippines.

I know I'm not the only one with this problem out there but can someone please help me with some information, or at least a contact of someone at Nokia who can resolve this issue for me?

I did not decide to make an order somewhere else because the waiting period would be longer, and Nokia is offering me 484USD for the device with express shipping. This is an example of terrible customer service from Nokia, and I decided to voice out my problems instead of keeping them quiet in hopes someone at Nokia might read this and do something about it. Many people out there are experiencing the same problem, and it has got to be dealt with.

Thank you so much for reading this long post, and I hope someone can help.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to renneville For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by renneville View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm terribly sorry for starting a new thread about this. I'm not trying to seek attention but rather looking for someone who could help me. I lurk on the forums but this is my first time posting. I have become extremely frustrated by the customer service in regards to trying to purchase the Nokia N900 from Nokia USA.

Let me start at the beginning. I pre-ordered the N900 from Nokia USA's online store on the 20th of September. I did not mind all the delays as I am a huge fan of Nokia, and was sure that the delays were necessary to improve on the device. When November 18th rolled around, I got pretty excited. I woke up on November 23rd and checked my e-mail for any shipping confirmation. Nada. I figured they would ship it by now because I noticed that my account was charged for a pre-authorization by Nokia on the 19th of November. So I called Nokia and I was told that my pre-order was canceled. I was not notified of this at all, until I called them to check on my order status. The order apparently was canceled due to the incompatibility issues between the bluetooth headset and the N900. They told me I would need to place a new order, at a 15% discount, and assured me that I would not lose my spot on the list. I agreed and placed a new order. However, they could not process my new order and told me that they charges were still pending on my credit card, and until my bank reverses those charges they could not place a new order. Why would they charge my card (pre-authorization or not) if my order was canceled? They told me to call back when the charges were cleared, because they couldn't do anything until my bank clears them.

So I called my bank, and my bank cleared the charges with no problems whatsoever. Now I call Nokia again the next day on November 24th to place the order again. Again I was on hold for 20+ minutes before finally getting to speak to someone. I went through explaining everything and giving all my information again, only to be told the same thing. My order could not be processed due to pending charges on my card. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and they transfered me. The supervisor then told me it was not a problem with my bank, but rather a problem with their system, which flagged my card as being fraudulent because you couldn't place multiple orders with Nokia within the span of 3 business days. So she told me to call back on Saturday, November 28th.

Today, I called them again. The previous charges were already reversed by my bank, and I went through the entire process again, and again, their system declined to process my order, even though my bank said there was no problem. They would not let me talk to anyone higher up, or even anyone the U.S. The call center is based in the Philippines. All they would tell me is that they would escalate my issue. When asked if anyone would call me back to fix this problem, they said probably not. I asked them what I should do now, and they told me there's nothing I can do, and they can't override the system.

I have gone from being extremely excited to buy the N900, to almost not even wanting it anymore due to the frustration brought on by the customer service at Nokia. I want to speak to someone who is actually in charge, but my e-mails only get the same reply telling me to call the same number, which is the same number I've been calling dealing with the customer service in the Philippines.

I know I'm not the only one with this problem out there but can someone please help me with some information, or at least a contact of someone at Nokia who can resolve this issue for me?

I did not decide to make an order somewhere else because the waiting period would be longer, and Nokia is offering me 484USD for the device with express shipping. This is an example of terrible customer service from Nokia, and I decided to voice out my problems instead of keeping them quiet in hopes someone at Nokia might read this and do something about it. Many people out there are experiencing the same problem, and it has got to be dealt with.

Thank you so much for reading this long post, and I hope someone can help.
I placed order through Nokia Online Store - my credit card got declined. Not big deal. I checked my PayPal account which I used for that card - $613.13 were taken by Nokia Online Store NY.
Finally, I got in touch with Nokia Sales - they could not find that order. Once I finished with sales person, few minutes later Nokia sent me order cancelation.
Now I am stuck without $613.13 for 3-5 business days until PayPal revert that payment.
The worst service I have ever had. Probably I will report BBB.
I doubt Nokia will read this. But I am going to call them on Monday and give them really had time.

My experience is nearly identical. After the bank cleared me I am still not able to buy the damn phone.

Originally Posted by gjtorikian View Post
My experience is nearly identical. After the bank cleared me I am still not able to buy the damn phone.
Well, sales person did tell me they had problem with online store ordering. He told me I could place order over the phone.
I told him only if he would borrow me those missing $613.13 Nokia charged me.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Their incompetence runs wide and deep. You just wasted 15 min of your life you'll never get back, and it was for nothing. The reason I say this, is because if they truly gave a crap about their customers they wouldn't have put them thru the last almost 3 months of Pre-order hell. And the saga continues...

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Just goes to show, sometimes the bricks and mortar shop is better than buying online. There has not been a single product that has launched in the last few years, iphone included, that you couldn't get by walking into the retail store a day after the official launch.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
Just goes to show, sometimes the bricks and mortar shop is better than buying online. There has not been a single product that has launched in the last few years, iphone included, that you couldn't get by walking into the retail store a day after the official launch.
Well for 99.999999999% of the Planet, you can't walk into a Brick and Mortar and buy this. You HAVE to buy it online. So not really sure why you would make this post.

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Well for 99.999999999% of the Planet, you can't walk into a Brick and Mortar and buy this. You HAVE to buy it online. So not really sure why you would make this post.
still, bricks and mortar FTW

I have my 2 different credit card charged for about 6 times my nokia sales rep guy and still said he cannot get approval from bank. I later checked my credit card to see it had pre authorizations from nokiausa for all 6 times. They have serious issues with sales and credit card processing

It's Saturday when you called again, so I wouldn't expect anyone (the supervisors) to be working.

Call again on Monday.

It seems you're based in the UK so just pop-in to the flagship store and get it on Monday when it's available for general release.

Tags
nokia are con artists, nokia sucks @ss, nokia sucks balls, someone call the fcc