Active Topics

Notices

hello everyone

so i m intersted in the modrana app and it seem nice the only probleme is the offline but i did found this

http://modrana.org/trac/wiki/SQLiteT...rtPerlScriptEN

which is very coool the only probleme now is where do i can get tiles

Thanks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr User For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
You can get the tiles from openstreetmap.org, or from bing.com, or whatever. The easiest way would be to connect N900 to cheap-and-quick Internet, and ask Modrana to download the tiles (around a place or a route; between appropriate zoom levels). As far as I remember, Modrana doesn't delete tiles, so anything you have downloaded beforehand will be easily usable once you are offline.
I don't use Modrana much now; experimenting with Marble. Not sure which one of them is better.
Best wishes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
thanks man but the program is not that good and using the phone it 's soooooooooo slow

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr User For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Another option is to use JTileDownloader, as has been suggested a number of times in the modRana thread (e.g. here).

Please note that downloading all zoom levels of a big country (e.g. UK) can take days even on a PC with a fast connection.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
yes i did try it but i just feel that if you used maybe it will be better to use modrana downloader

>> does CloudGPS support offline?

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Mr User View Post
thanks man but the program is not that good and using the phone it 's soooooooooo slow
Not to pick a fight but 'not that good' is not that helpful. What do you mean? The slow bit? That may be due to the n900 or other factors besides Modrana.
AFAIK cloudGPS does not do routing off-line but it will use a route off-line that was made whilst on-line. It will use tiles off-line. For details see full first post in

talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58402

There is another tile download solution mentioned there as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
by not good i mean the script to convert from the tiles to sqlite is not well done

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr User For This Useful Post:
i shoud add somthing else is that the modrana always fails in downloading maps >10km is that normal or what

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by Mr User View Post
i shoud add somthing else is that the modrana always fails in downloading maps >10km is that normal or what
It's probably because the map service provider is detecting you're pulling a ton of tiles from them in a systematic way and cutting you off. Nothing to do with Modrana, just how the service works.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:

Tags
modrana