Closed Thread
It would make sense, if they want to integrate tomorrow's "event" with this release somehow...
Tonight is a good night.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Tom created MySpace for a purpose to find more friends. Tom added Nokia because he is a one of the owner of N900 and all his friends on MySpace owning it as well. Tom wanted to make his friends happy so he asked Nokia if he can have PR1.2 release date.

Nokia smile and tell him one short answer.."NEVER!" and tell TOM to blame it on the iPHONEY 3GS firmware 4.0. lol.

Tom so upset and at that moment only one thing come to his mind! SUICIDE!

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Tom created MySpace for a purpose to find more friends. Tom added Nokia because he is a one of the owner of N900 and all his friends on MySpace owning it as well. Tom wanted to make his friends happy so he asked Nokia if he can have PR1.2 release date.

Nokia smile and tell him one short answer.."NEVER!" and tell TOM to blame it on the iPHONEY 3GS firmware 4.0. lol.

Tom so upset and at that moment only one thing come to his mind! SUICIDE!
Sorry to sound a rude here, but am I suppose to laugh when I read this?...

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Sorry to sound a rude here, but am I suppose to laugh when I read this?...
I am sorry to be rude too, if you don't know how to laugh then just cry when you read this.

This speculation is useless and prediction is not a confirmation. So whether you are upset or happy, this thread need some love!

This situations is becoming damn ridicules.

I mean COME ON! You have Nokia the world's largest phone manufacturer and their N900 one of their main most advance devices out there.

Why is so hard for them to issue an official statement saying that the next update will come tomorrow, next week, next month, end of the summer WHATEVER.

I am sure many Nokia and Maemo guys are following this discussion.. I am referring to those guys by saying FINALLY WAKE UP! Stop shotting yourself in your foots. You damaging your company that way FINALLY UNDERSTAND IT.

Sorry but I had to say it. I am a hardcore Nokia fan, not because I like their logo but because I respect and following this company since the very beginning, I believe in them.

But seeing them repeating the same mistakes over and over especially now that the competition simply is not joking, is making me extremely mad.

Issue a damn statement tomorrow and address the most major issues of the N900. Cover the PR 1.2 update. QT related questions and the possibility of Maemo 6/MeeGo update. N900 holders are your most loyal hardcore customers after all (most of them are the ones you previously screw with the N97 fiasco). I mean if you do not respect them then whats the point of being in the high-end market after all???

I hate to say and mention but look at the competition. For example Steve Jobs announce iPhone OS 4 and immediately all their customers knowing that they are getting it in the summer, once that time get closer they will have a specific availability date of the firmware update. He already mention that all iPhones will be updated and he even mentions that old phones will not get everything because of hardware issues. Right wrong? Its does not matter the point is that all iPhone users knowing they are getting OS 4.0 update in the summer with iPhone and iPhone 3G left out and not supporting major OS 4.0 aspects. The point is that they DO KNOW.

This is a great way to deal with your customers. Same happens with Google and Android.

What Nokia is doing? We have Maemo 5 (the last of Maemo series) we have no clue of where the OS is going and what officially is coming to it over an update or not. They merge Maemo with Mobling to MeeGo. Again we have no official word if N900 will get Meego or not, I mean I do not care if N900 is getting Meego but if it does or not just SAY IT. We have NO CLUE how MeeGO even looks like what's its features and whats cool about it or not so even in MeeGo that supposedly is Nokia's high bet for high-end phones we leave in the dark and I am not even discussing Symbian.

Sorry for the long post but I had to express the above feelings.

sincerely

nMIK-3

Last edited by nMIK-3; 2010-04-13 at 00:15.

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by nMIK-3 View Post
*rant rant rant*
http://wiki.maemo.org/What_can_we_realistically_expect

This covers a lot of the things that seem to worry you.

iPhone 3g isn't getting jacksquat

Originally Posted by w00t View Post
http://wiki.maemo.org/What_can_we_realistically_expect

This covers a lot of the things that seem to worry you.
No it doesn't. I know what PR 1.2 will bring. This is not my point.

Yes it does. It covers MeeGo on the N900 (and why there isn't an answer yet *edit* worth noting that since it's a reference developer platform, there's no technical reason it won't run. So even if Nokia don't officially endorse it, it'll work out just fine*endedit*). It covers Maemo5's future (in that it has one at this point). It covers a lot of the stuff you mentioned, and that flippant answer makes me think you didn't even bother to read the table of contents.

Furthermore, use logic, and put two and two together:

two: the 1.2 SDK is out. This means (in theory) that most of the hard work is sorted and over, and it's down to crunch time.

two: http://wiki.maemo.org/What_can_we_re..._Harmattan_.3F - 1.2 was frozen in Febuary, it is now April. Two months of fixing, and the pace looks to be slowing down.

equals four: there will be a 1.2, and it won't be years away.

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever