I've been working hard finishing the talk.maemo.org theme. It's about finished and we are just ironing out some bugs. We hope to roll it out within the week.

Here's a taste on how it will look:

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Cool!

Hum, the Search engine should crawl the future talk.maemo.org as well...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Hum, the Search engine should crawl the future talk.maemo.org as well...
Thanks!

Hmm, I'm wondering how can we do that? An option is the Google custom search (similar to itT's main page) and of course a custom code to merge search results.

Btw, I noticed that maemo.org's search page is still using the old layout.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Will there still be a choice of "skins" - mobile or otherwise ?

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Will there still be a choice of "skins" - mobile or otherwise ?
Most probably not but then, it will all depend on the feedback we get from the members.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
I'll start the feedback: We most definitely need a mobile skin!

In fact, I don't see why the current mobile skin (Minimalistic) couldn't be slightly modified to work on T.M.O. (just change the colors...).

Last edited by BrentDC; 2009-04-27 at 20:26. Reason: typo

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
I'll start the feedback: We most definitely need a mobile skin!
I wouldn't speak too soon. The maemo.org layout is designed to work well on tablet-sized constraints. I'd at least give it a chance rather than dismissing it out-of-hand.

Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
In fact, I don't see why the current mobile skin (Minimalistic) couldn't be slightly modified to work on T.M.O. (just change the colors...).
AFB wants to update Minimalistic for the new site and even has some feature improvements waiting to be released.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Most probably not but then, it will all depend on the feedback we get from the members.
There should be at least one dark theme. I bet most ITT users already developed vampiric vision + most distributions already have dark themes and white content looks like a hole in the browser.

As for the new theme - its nice, but please don't use -webkit-border-radius for those corners and don't limit the text-zoom.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
I wouldn't speak too soon. The maemo.org layout is designed to work well on tablet-sized constraints. I'd at least give it a chance rather than dismissing it out-of-hand.
If the Talk page is similar to the rest of m.o in terms of speed (download and render, not server), then we need a mobile theme.

If the Talk page is considerably lighter, then maybe...but even vB itself has a lot of unneeded bloat (Avatars, Sigs, etc.).

AFB wants to update Minimalistic for the new site and even has some feature improvements waiting to be released.
That's good news.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
I have been working on mock ups for a new minimalist theme it. It looks follows the same layout as new talk theme minus the right side bar and images. Also has larger next for easy finger navigation. I have started coding it since I do longer have a copy of the minimalist theme and I have been trying to get Reggie to send me a new copy or upload it to the testing site we were using before the one there now is an older one.

I know maemo.org is being redone to load faster on tablets but for people like me stuck with Edge Data any images just about kill the system.

The new minimalist theme I was working on has 100% of the features the full site has. Just on a faster and more finger friendly way. It will take me several weeks to get it 100% done once I get the old theme file. Also I want to throw my hate in again any a Moderator of the forums.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:

Tags
tired topics