Posts: 51 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Klein/Spring, Texas, USA
I recently accidentally removed the Busybox package on my N900 but fortunately I'd come up with a plan to fix my rootfs and hopefully suffer zero data loss.

I had planned to back up my SD card using dd and then install Meego CE as per the instructions here : http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Install/MMC to recover my 256MB of rootfs memory and load it into the SDK for repair.

I went ahead with the plan but unfortunately, I've tried two rootfs images and kernels from Meego.org and repository.maemo.org and the first just boots up with a tiny white xterm where I can't seem to get root access while the second boots up into a full Meego install, but almost immediately goes to a lock screen where one is literally "locked out" of the system ie. no swiping or tapping of the lock button does anything and soon thereafter it reboots.

So, my last option is Kubuntu Mobile which is more involved but should theoretically at least give me what I want.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a better choice of OS or perhaps how I might get Meego installed as that is the easiest option?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

jdb2

Last edited by jdb2; 2011-10-07 at 00:20.